Pattern Reviews> Stretch & Sew> cowl neck blouson (cowl neck blouson)

Review submitted in Vintage Contest Contest
Reviewed by:etheldora

About etheldorastar
MA USA
Member since: 11/1/09
Posted on:4/15/12 10:29 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

StudioCherie said... (4/24/12 10:44 AM) Reply
I wouldn't give up on it. I would try some waistline darts in front and back and cut it in half for a top and a skirt. I think as separates, you might get more wear out of them. The top would look great with jeans - even "Mom jeans" LOL.
Margaret said... (4/22/12 6:37 PM) Reply
I think it looks very nice, not at all like a nightgown! Love how the zigzag pattern drapes in the cowl!
Heatherrique said... (4/17/12 9:04 PM) Reply
Fab looking dress in a gorgeous fabric!
elsew said... (4/17/12 8:21 PM) Reply
Ahhhhh this one took me back to the good ole days when one could zip up a garment in no time and be satisfied with the results. I loved the Strech and Sew concept and it was one that got me to begin sewing for myself after sewing for the kiddies. Thanks for the trip down memory lane - your dress hits the mark with the cowl neckline...I agree with petro....add a belt and wear the dress proudly. You look lovely; one of those garments you can put on without thinking and look fabulous!
elsew said... (4/17/12 8:21 PM) Reply
petro said... (4/16/12 2:23 AM) Reply
Belted, its definitely a dress, not at all nightgownish. You could maybe take in the side seams a little at the waist? Pretty fabric you found, be a shame to relegate it.

Pattern Work