Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2443 (Misses' Dresses)

Review submitted in Best of Patterns Contest

Posted on:4/30/12 11:39 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Vests    Coat/Jacket

barebear said... (5/20/12 2:57 AM) Reply
Despite the problems you had with the pattern and instructions, your dress turned out really great. That colour choice looks really good on you too. :)
petro said... (5/16/12 12:45 PM) Reply
Those facings on the neck/armscye look very professional. Its made a terrific dress in spite of the construction battle.
StudioCherie said... (5/15/12 11:27 AM) Reply
Love your dress. Great work
JenniferMM said... (5/1/12 12:12 PM) Reply
This dress looks fantastic! At least you have a great dress for all that suffering.
Sweetheart3 said... (4/30/12 8:35 PM) Reply
I hear you. I made this last year and it was a total pain to make. I had trim and notch the facings so much that it is all ready coming apart. Your version looks very nice and am tempted to make another. Maybe if I am really really bored.
jlg said... (4/30/12 4:47 PM) Reply
Great modifications. This is wonderful on you.
nicegirl said... (4/30/12 3:44 PM) Reply
Your neck and armscye bindings look great--not an easy thing to do! The dress is cute, though I think I will stay away from the pattern.
waltzqueen said... (4/30/12 1:55 PM) Reply
The dress is gorgeous so I think it was worth the effort and fuss. Totally looks like a high-end store bought dress amd it looks fantastic on you!
S I G R I D said... (4/30/12 12:24 PM) Reply
Well, the end result is very nice looking even if the construction was a pain. and I love the jacket you made from this pattern.
HeyDollface said... (4/30/12 12:05 PM) Reply
A very helpful review. I got this pattern on sale for a buck and compulsively bought it despite it not really being my style. It sort of looked like a pain to work with but with this knowledge i think i'll skip it to try other patterns that won't drive me up the wall. Your variation is lovely, though, if i do try it i will take your advice and opt for a knit fabric and no zipper.

Favorite Things The Lunch Bag Pattern