Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 11226 (The Blouse Perfected)

Review submitted in Natural Fibres Contest Contest
Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:5/6/12 5:19 PM

Susan Hardman said... (6/26/12 8:16 AM) Reply
Congratulations Martha! Beautiful blouse!
ArtAttack said... (6/23/12 2:11 PM) Reply
Congrats for winning in the Natural Fibers contest!!
jeanettec said... (6/14/12 11:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful shirt Martha. I can't wait to sew like you do. You're an inspiration.
bijou90 said... (6/5/12 10:09 AM) Reply
Beautiful workmanship, and it looks lovely on you.
sewdelighted said... (6/5/12 9:07 AM) Reply
You've come a long way, Martha. Beautiful shirt. Who was it just a few months ago had collar band anxiety? Love this!!
homewerk said... (6/4/12 1:59 AM) Reply
You've sewn a beautiful shirt. Your attention to detail is truly inspiring. And those buttons ... wonderful.
JillyBe said... (6/2/12 7:31 PM) Reply
What a beautiful job!
KathleenS said... (5/22/12 8:11 AM) Reply
This is certainly a classic use of a natural fibre! Very nice workmanship. It's great you managed to save the sleeves. I'll look out for the pattern.
velosewer said... (5/21/12 11:00 PM) Reply
Wow. You really made this shirt and the fabric stripes work on you. Getting the fit right at the shoulders is really important and I agree that once you get that right, the fit at the hip area is easier to achieve.
Cultured Purl said... (5/10/12 4:33 PM) Reply
Fantastic work!! Tthe blouse looks very well made and it fits perfectly, what a nice pattern to have on hand to make more of them( if were you I certainly would as it looks really classy) I am looking at this pattern myself but mulling it over b/c it says it was oversized but yours looks like the fit I am looking for~ so, I guess I will add this one to my " must get" list, and I have heard the instructions are worth having for learning anyway!
blue mooney said... (5/9/12 2:45 PM) Reply
I love all the extra little details - the prairie point and matching hip gussets, chevroning, and good to know that the shirt looks great with a narrower sleeve! Beautiful shirt.
Karine said... (5/7/12 3:15 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt! It looks wonderful on you - great fit. I love all of the little details.
GoodbyeValntino said... (5/7/12 7:06 AM) Reply
The shirt is just beautiful! I like the mandarin collar too. What expo in Atlanta are you referring to?
DorothyK said... (5/6/12 10:12 PM) Reply
This shirt is stunning. It looks fabulous on you. I love all your personal touches - the chevron in the back, the collar band, the flat-felled seams, etc. You do such beautiful work.
marec said... (5/6/12 9:44 PM) Reply
Your shirt is above and beyond in terms of fastidious attention to detail. It is fantastic! Looks wonderful on you, and your changes are perfect.
Annette1 said... (5/6/12 8:47 PM) Reply
Oh, my, GORGEOUS! THANKS for the GREAT review. I really like the center back pleat with the little loop, the pockets, the collar -- just everything about it. :o) I have this pattern, too, and now I'm inspired to dig it out of the pile. :o)
cmcarr said... (5/6/12 8:45 PM) Reply
Barbara V said... (5/6/12 7:30 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks great on you. All of your changes turned out nicely and thank goodness for the placket miracle.
Living Beauty said... (5/6/12 6:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt! You look fabulous! (I personally know that fabric...I saw at an expo in Cincinnati, Oh!). So sad I didn't follow my first mind and pick it up also!
FreyaStark said... (5/6/12 6:09 PM) Reply
A great shirt, and the standard of your work is most impressive.
Celticstitcher said... (5/6/12 5:26 PM) Reply
a beautiful shirt, beautifully made, I'll have to keep a look out for this pattern x

by: Passion4Se...