Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 204407-1000

About Ducky D
Member since: 1/3/10
Posted on:5/14/12 1:50 AM

Miss Fairchild said... (6/18/12 8:14 AM) Reply
Fabulous! And all the work that went into it. It's a grand prize winner to me!
NancyZL said... (6/7/12 8:11 PM) Reply
Lovely work!! so pretty, I also would make this if you made a pattern available for purchase .
Quincunx said... (6/5/12 11:56 PM) Reply
Very glad this was pictured in the newsletter! Like Sewing Gal, this tickles a memory of long-lost fashion, but I am certain my memory was a log cabin square quilted atop an existing garment. This is more sophisticated.
bananaoil said... (6/5/12 11:08 PM) Reply
Quite lovely.
quahaug said... (6/5/12 8:25 PM) Reply
Lovely, graceful blouse, beautiful in white. Great design, great execution!
deesews said... (6/5/12 3:37 PM) Reply
Your design is fabulous. I would also love to buy your pattern. Please?
Sewing Gal said... (6/5/12 8:38 AM) Reply
I meant to post this in my original comments. I had a ready made blouse years ago similar to this and literally wore it to shreds. I always wanted another similar one but never saw one anywhere until your design. Could you make a pattern for all of us? WONDERFUL!
Sewing Gal said... (6/5/12 8:34 AM) Reply
This is the most clever blouse I've seen! I don't quilt but I may have to learn to try to duplicate this. It is so flattering. Well done!!!
Cyndiella said... (6/4/12 12:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful top, it looks very nice on you! And your design is so inspiring. I would love to try something similar.
Gendun said... (6/3/12 10:28 PM) Reply
Wonderful design! I'm sure many of us would like to see the pattern when you get to writing it down! Nice work. (smiles)
PatriciaM said... (6/2/12 10:54 AM) Reply
A truly unique project! Beautifully done. I also would make this if a commercial pattern was available.
neaner said... (6/1/12 3:11 PM) Reply
really really cute and looks very comfy to wear!!
karen n said... (6/1/12 1:25 PM) Reply
Elegant simplicity
essareff said... (5/25/12 2:38 PM) Reply
Great job!!! Encourages me to try more designing rather than modifying.
Margaret said... (5/21/12 7:36 AM) Reply
Wow, this looks great on you! Wonderful fit!
barebear said... (5/20/12 0:17 AM) Reply
This is beautiful. The topstitching and seaming is gorgeous! It looks very professionally done. :)
Sarsez said... (5/19/12 6:37 AM) Reply
Very clever and classy. Congrats on your entry.
aqn said... (5/15/12 11:14 PM) Reply
That turned out really well! I like it in this white hankerchief linen-like material, to showcase the design, shape, and the workmanship. Good job!
barbcl said... (5/15/12 12:40 PM) Reply
Your design is perfection. Great blouse.
cocosloft said... (5/15/12 9:23 AM) Reply
This is exquisite. Just beautiful work and fits you so nicely. What an accomplishment with so many pieces to fit! I love the crisp white and the linear flow towards your face.
Dianne22 said... (5/14/12 2:53 PM) Reply
What a clever idea. I love the detail the log cabin design creates on this top. Just an idea: you are very slim and trim and I think you could actually take an inch or two out of the back.
RadarRadiance said... (5/14/12 10:42 AM) Reply
Love it in the white, I would make this in a heartbeat if a pattern was available. Very cool looking and your sewing is wonderful.
Laurie Lou said... (5/14/12 10:32 AM) Reply
Very interesting. You should indeed take this to the next level and will make a great backdrop for fun quilting cottons. The sleeve...you will figure out. I have seen Vogue patterns where they are set in in the back and one piece in the front. But once you get it...No telling how far you'll go! Good luck! I like doing things like this too and trust me I know the challenge. Very nice.
Dilliander said... (5/14/12 7:06 AM) Reply
This is very clever and looks fantastic!
BillieJean said... (5/14/12 5:46 AM) Reply
Really pretty and classy.

HotPatterns 1173