Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8793 (Misses Top)

Reviewed by:JillyBe

About JillyBestarstarstar
Member since: 1/20/10
Posted on:6/15/12 11:38 PM

marthamyers said... (7/21/12 10:40 PM) Reply
Oh, my, now what am I going to do? I want to make this T and the Vogue dress you posted. So many cool patterns; so little time. Lots of inspiration though, thanks to you !
Leslie Bonner said... (6/29/12 7:32 PM) Reply
Both tops are terrific!
carolynw said... (6/17/12 7:37 PM) Reply
These are just beautiful and so different from the run of the mill t-shirt. Have been thinking about getting this pattern and may now just add it to the stash. Thanks for such a helpful review
carolynw said... (6/17/12 7:36 PM) Reply
n45 said... (6/17/12 12:29 PM) Reply
Your versions are far more impressive than the envelope photo. You have such a great sense of color and pattern play.
NJcowgirl said... (6/17/12 10:30 AM) Reply
Thank you for an excellent review with all your tips which I'll use when I sew up this cute pattern. I love the fabrics you chose. Great mix and I especially love the orange zip.
VivianZ said... (6/16/12 10:36 PM) Reply
I love these tops. Great job!
MNBarb said... (6/16/12 9:07 PM) Reply
Love your funky designs!
LynnRowe said... (6/16/12 3:27 PM) Reply
Fabulous!!! Love both of them!
JillyBe said... (6/16/12 2:48 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone! Your comments warm the little cockles of my heart :) marec I really do measure as a M...even in between M & L at the waist & hips. Different body types, I guess... Billie Jean you're absolutely right about the presser foot - the machine I usually use for knits does not have this :(, and I was too lazy to switch the thread over to my straight stitch machine for the zipper. Shoulda/coulda/woulda....
Irene said... (6/16/12 2:06 PM) Reply
You look wonderful in these gorgeous tops, and it sounds as though you had tons of fun with the construction process.
RadarRadiance said... (6/16/12 9:49 AM) Reply
Very cute, love the collar's, very sharp!
Barbara V said... (6/16/12 9:40 AM) Reply
What great creativity with your tops, Jillian. The fabric colors and combinations are wonderful and made even more interesting with the split fabric front. I like your ideas for a summer top version. Enjoy wearing!
DorothyK said... (6/16/12 9:25 AM) Reply
I love both versions. Excellent choice and use of fabric. Perfect fit. Thanks for the great review. It will be a good reference when I finally make this pattern.
grey ann said... (6/16/12 8:42 AM) Reply
Thanks for this thorough review. Your shirts are terrific! Love the fabric combos.
Amanda.Claire said... (6/16/12 8:24 AM) Reply
Wow, great use of fabric!
sewing for fun said... (6/16/12 8:07 AM) Reply
Very creative and beautiful!
BillieJean said... (6/16/12 6:52 AM) Reply
Oh I love these, especially the one with the orange zip. If you have this feature on your machine, decrease the pressure on your pressure foot when you're sewing knits and it will almost entirely eliminate the need to lift the pressure foot to release the fabric that builds up and causes those little "tucks".
jlg said... (6/16/12 5:59 AM) Reply
Very cool tops.
Aroura said... (6/16/12 4:47 AM) Reply
Wow, I really love both of your versions of this top, both much better than envelope pics. You did great mixing patterns and colors, very creative!!
rivergum said... (6/16/12 4:23 AM) Reply
Great tops and LOVE the collar treatment!
pdiddly said... (6/16/12 2:58 AM) Reply
oh I love these tops, especially the orange zipped one beautiful - I have pattern calling to me from my stash - just need more hours in the day
marec said... (6/16/12 2:52 AM) Reply
Super cute on you! I love the mix of patterns...what an inspiration for me. Hey, you must measure as a small because these fit very well, and in fact, have some ease through the back.
sfshaza said... (6/16/12 2:09 AM) Reply
Both tops are very cute, Jillian!
Terri A said... (6/16/12 0:30 AM) Reply
OK yeah you can just mail those to me:-) I'll be expecting them...
Terri A said... (6/16/12 0:28 AM) Reply
I really love your tops and the collar with the orange zip is sooooo cuuuuuuuuuute!
Sew4Fun said... (6/16/12 0:23 AM) Reply
I love both your tops! I can't wait to try this pattern. Off to read your blog now.
hme75 said... (6/16/12 0:16 AM) Reply
I love both of these!
Jrhee said... (6/16/12 0:10 AM) Reply
Love your versions of this pattern!

by: mizcorbie

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Sewing Workshop Deja Vu Wrap Pattern