Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 60565 (By Popular Demand)

Viewed 1918 times
Reviewed by:CSY

About CSYstar
Member since: 2/1/03
Posted on:12/30/04 9:32 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
renren said... (4/24/13 3:08 PM) Reply
Hmm, interesting review. I'm getting ready to sew this pattern and trying to get as much info as possible before I begin. I'm not an X but rather a rectangle. No broad shoulders though. Hmm, guess I better turn out a quicky muslin on this first. Thanks for the VH review.
fryman said... (3/8/08 10:38 PM) Reply
I also have used the Cutting Line patterns and find that for my shape, which is an X shape, these patterns are all too too much. The directions are great and all steps clearly explained. I think this line would be very flattering for a full-bodied rectangle shape, i.e. broad shoulders, full bust and similiar waist/hip measurements.
fryman said... (3/8/08 10:37 PM) Reply
Mini said... (12/31/04 4:24 PM) Reply
This top didn't work for me either. Lucky for us there are lots more patterns out there:)!
MickeyFan said... (12/31/04 7:36 AM) Reply
How frustrating it is when a project doesn't work out the way you expect it to! That is pretty fabric, I hope it wasn't a huge sacrifice from your stash. Here is a thought, could you wear the top open (like a jacket) with one of those stretch camisoles you can get for a dime a dozen at Old Navy or Kohl's?
Danvillegirl said... (12/31/04 6:33 AM) Reply
Sorry the pattern did not work for you. I made the jacket pattern and loved it. Never attempted the blouse, as it is not a style I normally wear. The pattern does run a little large thus I made jacket in smaller size. If you decide to give it another try, use a smaller size.

Violette Field Threads Stella