Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2700 (Misses )

Reviewed by:biink

About biink
Member since: 6/26/12
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:7/29/12 2:43 AM
Last Updated:8/4/12 12:01 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
MrsCharisma said... (2/25/13 10:08 AM) Reply
I think it's funny that many beginners have no concept of what they "shouldn't" attempt! :) I think you did a FABULOUS job! I'm working on S2700 now. I've got muslin #2 done. Hope to have a pair of pants as a FO within the next couple weeks.
biink said... (8/3/12 3:18 AM) Reply
Thank you so so much!
2 Airedales n Me said... (7/30/12 0:12 AM) Reply
Way to go on tackling pants! It's so great that you found a pattern that fits you and you like on your first attempt. This can take years to accomplish! Take your time and very soon you'll be proud of the inside of your garments too. :)
biink said... (7/29/12 2:42 PM) Reply
Wow, you ladies are too kind. I paid meticulous attention to every single marking and instruction. My first 2 items were shirts and both ended up looking like the top of a bad 80's prom dress so i was determined to get these pants right. Sigh if relief! If you decide to go for it they have 3 diff patterns( curvy, slim and regular) I've got no doubt they will look fab. Thank you both again-very encouraging
Marie367 said... (7/29/12 8:25 AM) Reply
The was your 4th item? That is quite an accomplishment! Nice pants!
SueT said... (7/29/12 8:23 AM) Reply
Congratulations! I've sewed for 30 years and am still afraid of pants. I have the opposite (uncurvy) problem so thanks for bringing this pattern to my attention, I'll give it a try. Nice review too.

by: SewWil