Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1138 (Metropolitan Verano Dress/Top)

Reviewed by:Speech girl

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

DementedFairy said... (11/13/12 11:09 AM) Reply
I've made this one up as a top and as a dress, and had similar issues. The body is loooong [and I normally find things make up too short in the body], and the sizing is very generous indeed. On the 2nd run I cut out a whole size smaller than I would expect, it's much better. I had trouble with getting the waist seams to match up the first time too, I think the pieces may have stretched in handling...
Nancy K said... (8/20/12 9:39 AM) Reply
I wish I'd read your review before I made mine! I am a DD cup and didn't need to make any adjustments other than to raise the neckline a bit as well. It fell too low on my waist as well and if anything you'd think it would hike up with my larger bust. I do like your print. I didn't think to take in the side seams, but maybe I will and see if I like it better
Speech girl said... (8/5/12 3:14 PM) Reply
maiausaiu: my knit was thin, and the twist didn't create a lot of bulk, the excess ease is what would be overwhelming I think! Q Valley Mary: red shoes I do have as that is one of my favorite colors to wear. I think I forgot to say in my review that there is elastic attached at the waist except in the very front.
Q Valley Mary said... (8/4/12 12:00 PM) Reply
If I wanted to forget that I was wearing blue, I'd go for a pair of red shoes. You could feel good in them, and they'd add a nice contrast color to the outfit. I do wear blue a lot, however, and I really like your print. Just step out proud in it.
Riesie said... (8/4/12 9:47 AM) Reply
It's a lovely dress. Could you add a waist stay to keep the dress' waist at the right level?
PattyE said... (8/3/12 9:35 PM) Reply
Sorry it did not come out the way you wanted...I really like your fabric though.
miausiau said... (8/3/12 6:11 PM) Reply
Hmmm, the bodice does look much longer than in the drawing. I am attracted to the print and the concept, but all that fabric at the waist could overwhelm a petite figure. Thanks for the heads up!
michellep74 said... (8/3/12 6:00 PM) Reply
Cute dress! Black or metallic shoes should work with that print.
Calama said... (8/3/12 5:43 PM) Reply
I like the print! And the final product too. Black would work as shoes, I think.
JudyMac said... (8/3/12 5:20 PM) Reply
thanks for your detailed review. I think the dress would look cute with strappy black sandals (it looks as tho there is black in the print)

StyleArc Rosie Top