Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1320 (Misses' Coat)

Review submitted in Lined Jacket Contest Contest
Reviewed by:chenille

About chenillestar
Member since: 7/4/11
Posted on:8/31/12 2:52 AM
Last Updated:8/31/12 5:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 29 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $35.00 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $35.00 Pattern Details
Anne Cherry said... (8/1/13 6:48 AM) Reply
I'm plotting to make this jacket...your review has been a great help. Thank you!
twinkle72 said... (12/11/12 4:48 AM) Reply
Thank you for all the "in process" photos. The jacket looks great and the fabric is fantastic!
jlg said... (9/24/12 7:11 AM) Reply
Love, love, love this.
Karine said... (9/12/12 8:33 AM) Reply
Hard to believe that's your first coat - nice job! It looks great on you - love the fabric! Thanks for the review - I appreciate the tips on the armholes/sleeves.
arianamaniacs said... (9/6/12 5:22 PM) Reply
Looks fantastic, what agreat job! Isnt winter year round there though? ;) (Im allowed to poke fun, Im a born Alaskan)
Sewlful said... (9/4/12 9:22 AM) Reply
Great Jacket! This pattern is my current obsession. When I find a pattern I like, I obsess over it until I get the fabric and get it made. I'm thrilled to see your review in advance of my attempt. I'm looking for Houndstooth for my version but I LOVE your fabric. And the pose is perfect! Excellent work.
becca a said... (9/3/12 4:53 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! Great poses, too.
chenille said... (9/3/12 1:53 PM) Reply
Thank you all so much. Sometimes my fabric choices are a little out there, and it's nice to have the positive feedback on my "vision". DH had fun playing photographer and I was giggling the whole time.
Jrhee said... (9/2/12 6:06 PM) Reply
Oh, you are too hilarious! Great job on your first coat!
1SewSweet said... (9/2/12 8:03 AM) Reply
Nice jacket and I agree, it does look like art!
Marge99 said... (9/2/12 2:54 AM) Reply
Great use of the fabric. Looks like Op Art!
CypGrl said... (9/1/12 9:04 PM) Reply
Too funny! Love your striking coat and that you are striking the type of pose that Vogue is using so much.
ChristineX said... (9/1/12 7:46 PM) Reply
LOL Great jacket! Additional points for the pose ;-)
KarlaB said... (9/1/12 3:29 PM) Reply
When you make a jacket that looks that good, you should definitely strike that Vogue Pose! Great Job!
Ashford said... (9/1/12 2:18 PM) Reply
You got flair, Chenille. And, your new sewing skills are working. No one would ever know this was your First Jacket. Since I have not sewed a jacket yet, my favorite part of your review is "a flattering shape on many different figures...practice some tailoring techniques without getting too fitted...a good choice for a first jacket"
fauxgetaboutit said... (9/1/12 1:30 PM) Reply
Great job! Perfect jacket to show off the fab fabric! Congrats on diving in with a Miyake pattern for your first jacket! Stunning! I love the leopard trim too!
canei said... (9/1/12 12:58 PM) Reply
AWESOME...I love the fabric and your garment looks like money...again nice pose!!
DorothyK said... (9/1/12 11:43 AM) Reply
This jacket is a knockout! Much, much better than the jacket on the pattern cover. Your fabric is perfect and I also love the leopard trim. You look fantastic.
GoodbyeValntino said... (9/1/12 9:47 AM) Reply
Thank you for this review! The photo album is super and your jacket is beautiful!
Rebecca D said... (9/1/12 9:22 AM) Reply
This jacket turned out just great. Your first attempt? Amazing.
Sarsez said... (9/1/12 7:37 AM) Reply
Fabulous match of fabric and pattern!
blue mooney said... (9/1/12 5:57 AM) Reply
Good job! Thanks for the review.
Scheri said... (9/1/12 4:03 AM) Reply
First jacket? Its beautiful. Wow cant wait to see your next.
Athene said... (9/1/12 0:42 AM) Reply
Congratulations on making your first jacket. You look fabulous in it - the fabric print is great and thank you for all your great photos to view.
Barbara V said... (8/31/12 10:15 PM) Reply
Wow, beautiful fabric and coat. Looks terrific on you!
Elcue said... (8/31/12 9:06 PM) Reply
You and your coat are some kind of wonderful.
PattyE said... (8/31/12 8:12 PM) Reply
Oh, it looks really great. I'm glad you like this pattern as I plan to make it too. Congrats on finishing.
MNBarb said... (8/31/12 7:59 PM) Reply
You are really working it! I can't believe how prolific you've been with your sewing...and one cute thing after another. I LOVE this coat and how you've styled it with the leggings and turtleneck. Listen...I think Vogue is calling looking for models!
nancy2001 said... (8/31/12 6:07 PM) Reply
Chenille, I love the new photo!
Aixoise said... (8/31/12 5:55 PM) Reply
Love the Vogue pose! You look much happier in your jacket than the model does in hers. And no wonder - what a great job you did. The fabric's amazing. Congrats!
Lori V said... (8/31/12 5:41 PM) Reply
Great looking coat, you did an amazing job.
chenille said... (8/31/12 5:26 PM) Reply
new photo shoot..unfortunately my window was too short to stand up in - but I did try! Thanks for all the kind comments :)
Aroura said... (8/31/12 4:42 PM) Reply
Great job on your first jacket! It is a real show stopper. :) Can't wait to see it on you in more pics.
VogueMistress said... (8/31/12 3:13 PM) Reply
Oh, that's just beautiful...what a great fabric!
grays08 said... (8/31/12 2:34 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you were able to get it done in time. Great job and love the fabric and style!
SavageCoco said... (8/31/12 12:31 PM) Reply
Oh, you've so upped it up a notch! Well done and it's an absolutlely FAB jacket.
marec said... (8/31/12 11:38 AM) Reply
This is a wonderful jacket, and I agree that your level should be changed!
Mahler said... (8/31/12 11:11 AM) Reply
Wonderful project ! Your coat looks great !
sewnaomi said... (8/31/12 11:07 AM) Reply
Great pattern and style. Nice job choosing what to match on the design in the front. Your print was challenging yet you did it well. Love it.
MaryDB said... (8/31/12 9:46 AM) Reply
Very impressive, especially for your first jacket! Love the print, nice work.
marthamyers said... (8/31/12 8:45 AM) Reply
Such courage! Way to go. Interesting and lovely choice of fabric for this jacket. I am anxious to make it so thanks for the review. You've done great.
froggiegirl said... (8/31/12 8:18 AM) Reply
Great Job Chenille! I agree with Nancy, you should up your skill level now. :) Love the fabric and I'm really happy to see this pattern made up. I love it too.
KensingtonCrab said... (8/31/12 7:16 AM) Reply
Great jacket! Can't wait for the photo shoot pics/poses!
wordchick said... (8/31/12 5:38 AM) Reply
Great job and I love the fabric!!! Oh...and forgive me--I completely overlooked that you are "striking the pose" displayed on the pattern! FABULOUS!!!
nancy2001 said... (8/31/12 5:22 AM) Reply
Congratulations on sewing your very first jacket! It turned our very well, and just think of all the new jacket sewing skills you learned from this this project. It's definitely time to promote yourself from Beginner to Advanced Beginnner!

Young Image Magazine SS-2013-Y1304