Pattern Reviews> Izzy & Ivy Designs> 138 (Beverly Belle Top)

Reviewed by:MBE

About MBE
Member since: 7/9/11
Posted on:10/6/12 11:04 AM
Last Updated:10/6/12 11:35 AM

Tandemjane said... (1/26/14 9:59 PM) Reply
I just finished making 4 of these for 4 granddaughters. I am a very experienced sewer and found the instructions lacking in clarity. I DID make a muslin to try to work through the questions and am SO glad that I did! It made all of the difference in the world. Markings on the pattern (inside to outside curves) would have helped immensely, but I made my own after making the muslin and I transferred those to the paper pattern. The dresses/shirts turned out great and my grandkids loved them. I'm just glad that I had lots of experience behind me so that I could figure out how to make this pattern work.
MBE said... (10/8/12 11:17 AM) Reply
Re: Lengthen to dress.The main seams are curves and on the bias. I do Not think it would be a simple task to lengthen it. The top is however, fairly long so perhaps you could add a ruffle instead of binding the hemline.
sew2little said... (10/7/12 3:25 PM) Reply
I have this pattern for my great nieces. A question--how easy would it be to lengthen to dress length? Your granddaughter looks darling in her cute new curly dress.
Pj3g said... (10/6/12 1:36 PM) Reply
What a neat pattern! It looks great in the thumbnail but would be nice to see it enlarged. Good helpful review though!

by: erinkjones

Burda 7648

by: treefrog

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sewing Workshop Village Bag Pattern