Pattern Reviews> Japanese Pattern Books> Stylish Dress Book 1 (Dress E)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:10/7/12 11:14 PM
Last Updated:10/9/12 10:43 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
jennpflueger said... (5/29/13 10:59 PM) Reply
HI Justine. For the life of me I can't locate the pocket placement on the front piece of this pattern. Is it marked and pointed out on the master sheet? If so, what color is it in? Any help would be super appreciated! I can guess at it, but thought I'd check first with you. :) if nothing else, how many inches from the hem seam did you place them? Also, do you remember how many inches you took off? I too, have made several japanese patterns all with larger than expected results. I've made XS and size 6 and have taken off several inches each time to get to my size. I appreciate any insight you have around the pocket placement. Thanks a bunch! :)
cerulean said... (10/10/12 2:53 PM) Reply
It looks great! I just got this book so I am happy to see how one of the projects turns out! You did a great job!
marec said... (10/10/12 9:29 AM) Reply
I was surprised to read that you think this style doesn't suit you-I was thinking the exact opposite. Cute and really fun for kicking around. I love it.
AuntieShel said... (10/10/12 9:18 AM) Reply
Your dress is so adorable and I think it looks very cute on you. I, too, am so drawn to these patterns, have yet to make one, though! I am too big for them, but am so drawn to the aesthetic!!
MNBarb said... (10/10/12 7:33 AM) Reply
I'm laughing. I'm also drawn to this style and not flattered by it. Being a child of the 60's and 70's may have something to do with it. I love the looseness of this dress. Maybe you would like it better if you dressed it down with casual sandals and a funky necklace (think Woodstock). It's very cute.
Schnauzer said... (10/8/12 5:49 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress and it really does look good on you!
21wale said... (10/8/12 3:23 PM) Reply
It's a lovely dress! I have a same quandary - I'm drawn to the styles, yet am disappointed in the bulk when I make them. I think I should just plan ahead of time to add darts and remove width...
2 Airedales n Me said... (10/8/12 2:58 PM) Reply
You look great in this dress and trimming a little of the excess away if you make it again will only improve it. I do like how it looks on you though...regardless of what your DD says....(wink)
persevering said... (10/8/12 11:00 AM) Reply
Yes it is cute on you! How smart of you to keep it above the knee ... so it has a trendy look!
Elke said... (10/8/12 8:04 AM) Reply
Very cute dress and it looks pretty on you!
mm said... (10/8/12 4:38 AM) Reply
It looks terrific. I love Japanese styles.
petro said... (10/8/12 4:01 AM) Reply
Cute, stylish dress! the shape is very current now too. In the review photo, I think this looks good on you, even though you have doubts about the suitability for your figure type.

Understanding Wool Fabrics