Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8659 (Misses'/Misses' Petite Tunic, Dress and Pants)

Reviewed by:rivergum

About rivergumstarstarstarstar
Member since: 12/17/06
Posted on:10/28/12 3:35 AM
Last Updated:10/28/12 4:20 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Pants
rivergum said... (10/30/12 3:18 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip, mmcp! Off to check this out...
mmcp said... (10/30/12 11:36 AM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous--am also a huge langenlook fan, and I really like the soft ballooning around the bottom, but I love the inspiration dress as well so poked around a bit, and the bottom of the inspiration dress looks a lot like Rhonda's free pattern friday skirt here: http://rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2012/01/fabulous-free-pattern-friday.html. It looks to me as though you would "just" have to raise the waist on Rhonda's pattern and attached it to a top the way you did with the tablecloth skirt to have the French dress nailed.
Schnauzer said... (10/29/12 6:42 PM) Reply
I love this! Beautiful work.
DorothyK said... (10/29/12 6:10 PM) Reply
Very nice. Great fabric. Good idea to layer it.
Claverie said... (10/29/12 4:41 PM) Reply
So glad you did this review. Love the fabric choice and styling over long pencil skirt. It now gives me pause to consider this pattern for myself. Great outfit.
karen n said... (10/29/12 1:08 PM) Reply
You are art walk ready! Love your pinterest board too. I grabbed a few of your pins!
arianamaniacs said... (10/29/12 7:31 AM) Reply
You did a great jo, and I think your version is better than the red. It has more interest, while the red one just drags the eyes down.
paloverde said... (10/29/12 2:14 AM) Reply
Took a look at your photo and said 'lagenlook' to myself. Started to read your review and saw that's what you were going for. It's lovely!
m/m said... (10/28/12 3:06 PM) Reply
I'm with prttynpnk on this - love the dress with the skirt especially and now need to go hunting for lagenlook!
miausiau said... (10/28/12 2:58 PM) Reply
I have noticed as well that many patterns put a seam down the center of a bias ...this is a good option for a striped fabric or plaid, but as you mention it can be eliminated if the seam is straight and your fabric is amenable. I tried this pattern after all the rave reviews and realized it is just the wrong shape for me. I looked dumpy and shapeless. Looks chic on you though. The fabric choice is lovely.
carolynw said... (10/28/12 1:12 PM) Reply
Glamorous, elegant and so fabulous I would steal in a nano second - can you tell I love it? I have this pattern - bought for the short style - never thought of the long version until now - thanks for the review
prttynpnk said... (10/28/12 10:07 AM) Reply
I love this! I'm off to research Lagenlook!
BillieJean said... (10/28/12 6:12 AM) Reply
You've made me rethink this pattern. I love your outfit!
Dilliander said... (10/28/12 4:17 AM) Reply
Lovely and very stylish Rivergum! Great dress.
FreyaStark said... (10/28/12 4:08 AM) Reply
Very chic and highly distinctive. I love the dark green colour - it's suggestive of the ocean depths - Wide Sargasso Sea and all that. Also your layered look improves on the Vogue original because it avoids the wearer's knee poking out, which I dislike. Well done.

BurdaStyle Downloadable 703018