Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3561 (Dresses)

Reviewed by:Skirler

About Skirlerstar
Member since: 6/5/09
Posted on:1/2/13 11:26 AM

Other Projects by Skirler using this Pattern

Skirler said... (1/9/13 12:29 PM) Reply
Hi Frozzy :) Sorry about the tardiness of a reply from me. It depends on the garment itself, whether I adjust the neckline as well. Typically, I just "shave off" the adjustment from should seam and use a french curve to grade to the armscye notch. If you are finding both too wide, can you choose the smaller size pattern to fit through the shoulders properly? i have found that fit through the shoulders, for me at least, is where I need the pattern to be most accurate, and I am willing to alter the rest of the pattern for fit. I use the KS extra small and still have to adjust the shoulders. In the Big 4, I use a size 4 and rarely have to adjust the shoulders.
Levone said... (1/5/13 6:04 PM) Reply
Lovely dress!
Frozzy said... (1/3/13 2:58 PM) Reply
When you do a narrow shoulder adjustment, do you bring the neckline in, too? I find both shoulders and neckline too wide in KS patterns. Have cut the front pattern piece horizontally at the armscye notch, slide to center 1", and then add the inch back at the side. Is there a better way?
Skirler said... (1/3/13 8:36 AM) Reply
Thank you both :) This pattern is such a blank canvas - do it plain for wearing funky jewelry or cardigans. Do it in cute prints, etc. My next version will be my first attempts at color blocking.
Jstarr4250 said... (1/3/13 7:26 AM) Reply
Very cute. Great dress for featuring fun jewelry.
norie creates said... (1/2/13 6:15 PM) Reply
I love your dress! I would have slept on this pattern! So thanks for the review!