Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6735 (Misses Knit Cardigan Tops Pants and Skirt)

Review submitted in One Pattern, Many Looks Contest

Posted on:1/29/13 0:06 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants    Skirts
knitsewmuch said... (3/6/13 2:50 AM) Reply
These look amazing. Especially love the ruffles and the color blocking.
Lanna said... (3/3/13 11:54 AM) Reply
You look amazing in all these versions ! Keep up the good work. It would be hard to choose a favorite, I love all the changes you have made to make them all look different !
Ashford said... (2/19/13 8:57 PM) Reply
I am so motivated by your creativity. I cannot believe how you could imagine all these tops from that one pattern. You shine in all of them, but my favorite one on you is the solid red with the print on the opposite side. Congratulations on your contest entry. I hope you will sew more patterns in this manner and share them with us.
Zoomitron said... (2/19/13 4:02 PM) Reply
I just found this pattern, and you inspire me to really get into it. I love the top, but the pants are fabulous too...remind me of my hippie heydays! Thanks for your review, really pretty tops.
StudioCherie said... (2/5/13 7:23 PM) Reply
Color blocking and ruffles - 2 of my favorite things! Great work. Good luck in the contest
lyndle said... (2/5/13 2:44 PM) Reply
Wow! Such cool variations on a plain pattern. These look great!
Raye Ann said... (2/4/13 5:38 PM) Reply
wonderful job! the color blocked version and the zipper version are my favorites.
quathy said... (1/31/13 2:43 PM) Reply
very inspiring! i love the use of the multiple prints, and the zipper!
goosegreen said... (1/31/13 0:08 AM) Reply
No, Mary. This pattern is still available to purchase both here on PR & on Simplicity.com
Sharonspils said... (1/30/13 6:14 PM) Reply
Fantastic collection of T-shirts, they all look brilliant but do love the red/black/white one with the zip.
Heatherrique said... (1/30/13 5:59 PM) Reply
Boutique looking tops with lovely variety!
Mufffet said... (1/30/13 9:52 AM) Reply
These are lovely! Very nicely fitted and colorful!
Mary Heckman said... (1/30/13 6:17 AM) Reply
Very nicely done. love the color blocking and the zipper. I just added this pattern to my wish list. Is it out of print?
JudieL said... (1/30/13 3:56 AM) Reply
Great job! The red and black and the red with ruffles are my favourites.
sewing for fun said... (1/29/13 11:13 PM) Reply
wow! What a nice variety. I love the gorgeous purple and the blue themed colorblock the best. You are so creative!
JanJanB said... (1/29/13 10:21 PM) Reply
Absolutley fabulous! Lovely looking tops.
treefrog said... (1/29/13 8:29 PM) Reply
Fantastic! I love how you have combined the different fabrics. The ruffles look fantastic done in the mesh print. And the texture on the sleeves of the purple top is great. Can I put my order in???
sewpelican said... (1/29/13 3:23 PM) Reply
Lovely job, my favourites are the aqua colors, ( not a red person) but they all look great on you.
leighann777 said... (1/29/13 12:07 PM) Reply
Very pretty, and very creative!
redside said... (1/29/13 10:12 AM) Reply
Wow, you have done a great job. Such inspiring ideas!
LynnG said... (1/29/13 9:24 AM) Reply
You did a great job on all your tee's. I do like the ruffles. It looks like you have yourself a great TNT.
julie w said... (1/29/13 9:07 AM) Reply
Love all the variations
Sewmetoo said... (1/29/13 9:00 AM) Reply
I love all the tops they are beautiful.
Bobbi B said... (1/29/13 7:44 AM) Reply
Absolutely a fun mixture of great tops. All of them are my favorites.
annakeeton said... (1/29/13 6:38 AM) Reply
Wow, these are fantastic tops! I really like the way you used color blocking on the aqua version- I'll have to copy where you put the seamlines.
Elke said... (1/29/13 5:47 AM) Reply
Your tops look fabulous on you!
Anne Cherry said... (1/29/13 5:27 AM) Reply
They all look so fabulously different!! My faves are the red ones...especially the ruffle one. Can't believe they are all from the same pattern! [now running to pattern box to dig this one out...have made the skirt but now very keen to make the T shirt!]
Austragirl said... (1/29/13 5:11 AM) Reply
Another one where I have the uncut pattern in my stash. I bought it after you reviewed the pattern a couple of years ago. So you're sure giving it a good workout. My fave is the colour blocking.
leoniep said... (1/29/13 5:04 AM) Reply
Great job on all of them! My favourite's the purple one. Love the fold-over elastic. I didn't know such a product exists.
Quickie said... (1/29/13 3:35 AM) Reply
If they were mine i would not know which one to choose. They are all fine
Stitchsdm said... (1/29/13 2:59 AM) Reply
Great collection Alison! My fav is the ruffles. Well done.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (1/29/13 2:17 AM) Reply
A great wardrobe collection Alison!
BeaJay said... (1/29/13 1:35 AM) Reply
I love all of these - they are fabo. I am hard pressed to pick a favourite! They all have great elements. Love the classic stripe - very clean looking. LOVE the ruffles on the sleeves of the purple version - very sassy. LOVE the way you have done the ruffles on the red version - gives it edge. But I must say - after careful consideration - my 2 favourites are the block colour / pattern red and blue - rocking the zipper on the red. Great job with these.
sewinfrance said... (1/29/13 1:27 AM) Reply
They all look great, your fabric choices are well-coordinated, the colour blocking is very successful. I like your ruffles and appreciate how they can often be a pain in the **** to execute!
Vonnevo said... (1/29/13 1:19 AM) Reply
A fabulous collection Alison !!!!! I love each one for it's uniqueness !! A wonderful combination of trims and fabrics.
mm said... (1/29/13 1:15 AM) Reply
I particularly like versions 3 and 4.
Schnauzer said... (1/29/13 1:06 AM) Reply
I like all of them. Lovely collection!
dragon10 said... (1/29/13 1:04 AM) Reply
Wow, they all look great and they are all quite different. Not sure if my favorite is version 3 or 4. Great colour choice.
Skye said... (1/29/13 0:38 AM) Reply
great looking tops. Love the colours and the fabrics
Jacqui315 said... (1/29/13 0:37 AM) Reply
I really love the ruffles! That blue color blocked one has got to be my favorite, though. Nice placement of the fabrics.
Renata said... (1/29/13 0:27 AM) Reply
Well done. Totally awesome collection. Difficult, but the purple one would have to be my favourite. Love that bubble knit.
renren said... (1/29/13 0:18 AM) Reply
You really, really made some great tops with this pattern, each quite unique! Foldover elastic, ruffles, a cool zipper, color blocking, the pairing of the textured purple fabric with the smoother fabric--lots of great ideas. Super job!

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Islander Shirt Pattern Pattern