Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

Pattern Reviews> Threads Magazine> 05-2013-Bias Pants (Bias Pants)

Reviewed by:RMJ

About RMJstar
Member since: 12/14/06
Posted on:3/11/13 5:20 PM
Last Updated:3/25/13 4:12 PM

seweibhlin said... (7/21/13 7:55 AM) Reply
These bias pants have always intrigued me since the Threads article came out. I was hoping for a review. This is a great help thanks.
AnneM said... (7/20/13 4:57 PM) Reply
Wow, so cool. Great job! I didn't even notice the difference on the denim version until you pointed it out.
RMJ said... (3/30/13 9:02 PM) Reply
gsp1066, I think you may have found the explanation for the length difference. Because of the way the tubes are made, one is a mirror image of the other, as you can tell from the light blue trim, and I can see that the denim grain vs an imaginary floor to waist line is very different.
mlsews said... (3/28/13 4:21 AM) Reply
very cool, I was just looking at this article. I think I need to try them, they look so comfy.
gsp1066 said... (3/26/13 2:53 AM) Reply
Could the length difference come from the difference between left bias and right bias? They are not the same, especially in a twill weave like denim.
velosewer said... (3/25/13 6:12 PM) Reply
Thank you for making this and especially for working it out. They do look interesting and I've been pondering this since reading about it.
Fabric Hog said... (3/25/13 4:46 PM) Reply
I looked at the article and decide that the math was too much for my busy schedule right now and put it on the shelf with other projects that are waiting. Your review is excellent and has inspired me to take another look. I love the piping on the denim.
Wianno Girl said... (3/19/13 10:59 PM) Reply
I too read the article and it didn't make sense to me so now I have hope if I just start the fabric in hand will make all clear. your "try and try again" attitude is very admirable; the results look great. thanks for a thorough review!
Michele Lommasson said... (3/12/13 1:26 PM) Reply
Wow, you did it. They look wonderful. Thank you for letting us know about your process. Your review is very thorough and much appreciated.
miausiau said... (3/12/13 12:23 PM) Reply
This bias strip idea also works well when you need a turtleneck or sleeve cuff and fabric is getting scarce. I think the Threads directions make it more complicated than necessary but it is a good concept to employ in your creative projects.
becca a said... (3/12/13 11:05 AM) Reply
Your patience really paid off--these fit great! What an interesting idea to use bias rectangles to make pants--thanks for the review.
KensingtonCrab said... (3/12/13 9:57 AM) Reply
Great job! I admire your tenacity!
Karla Kizer said... (3/12/13 6:57 AM) Reply
They look lovely, and your determination is admirable. I think I'd have given up, slipped into a pair of old sweat pants and sulked.
Annie P said... (3/12/13 0:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. They look good. When I read the Threads mag I thought they might be fun to try--now it seems like too much work!
CynthiaSue said... (3/11/13 11:16 PM) Reply
I agree. They look fabulous!
marthamyers said... (3/11/13 10:10 PM) Reply
I am anxious to try these pants. Thanks for the very detailed review and description of your muslins.
moushka said... (3/11/13 10:07 PM) Reply
Your pants look terrific. Kudos for toughing out three muslins! These intrigued me, too, so I might take a chance. Thanks for sharing your challenges and final triumph with the pattern.
SavageCoco said... (3/11/13 5:46 PM) Reply
They look great but, ooh, the math anxiety would have sent me searching for some Xanax!
julie w said... (3/11/13 5:39 PM) Reply
Amazing job, both the draft and the fit. They look great.

Other Happy Zombie: Poochie Bag