Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 235056-1005 (Reflections)

Review submitted in Fitted Blouse 2013 Contest

Posted on:3/23/13 11:15 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Quickie said... (4/15/13 3:15 PM) Reply
I make a blouse with buttonholes roomser than the bodice of a dress, but the place of the buttonholes is also important . I place one exactly on the bustier and than devide the otters around that
KathySews said... (4/6/13 9:09 AM) Reply
Great blouse. I love the fabric as well as your fit. I bet you wear this one a lot. You are inspiring me to attempt a fitted blouse (I am afraid of that dreaded buttonhole gapping at the bustline)
WhatSew said... (4/1/13 1:09 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse. I agree with others - your fabric choice and fitting/alteration made are great.
KathleenS said... (3/31/13 4:40 AM) Reply
It's a pretty fabric and I think you did it justice with your design. You certainly seem to know how to get the right fit for your figure. Well done.
Heatherrique said... (3/29/13 10:42 PM) Reply
Such a cool looking top, Quickie!
Sarah Liz said... (3/28/13 5:19 AM) Reply
A good job indeed - never easy to get a good fit, but once you have you will go back to it time and again. The fabric looks nice on you.
Quickie said... (3/24/13 5:46 PM) Reply
Thank you all very much. When I suspect my fabric for not being very strong I begin my sewing with a scrap piece to find out Which kind of sewing will be the best. I really try to tear it apart, and I'm content only when I've found a method that prevents from making holes , or even tearing things apart
wendyrb said... (3/24/13 4:50 PM) Reply
Really well done classic in a lovely print. Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. Your success in fitting is the jolt I need to push on with a fitted-blouse impasse.
Mufffet said... (3/24/13 10:23 AM) Reply
Such nice fitting, and the shirt is really a nice basic pattern you can use a lot! Thanks for the review!
ChristmasHills said... (3/24/13 2:25 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse and I agree about the fabric being reminiscent of reflections in water. Lots of good tips in your review too. Good luck in the contest.
katlew03 said... (3/23/13 10:17 PM) Reply
Nice blouse, great fit.
Rhoda K said... (3/23/13 2:40 PM) Reply
Very nice blouse and fit! Good review.
renren said... (3/23/13 11:33 AM) Reply
You did a great job getting a perfect fit. Thanks for your observations about darts and the curved back seam and how that means you don't have to curve as much at the side seams. Also thanks for mentioning how you use topstitching because of the delicacy of the cotton voile. I suppose the topstitching helps to strengthen these potential stress points. This is a lovely, lovely top. If I had the ability to draft and sew such a top, there would be several in my closet. Job well done!

Understanding Interfacings