Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5889 (One-hour pull-on pants)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest

Last Updated:6/24/13 6:03 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

McCall's: 5889 by FreyaStark  McCall's: 5889 by FreyaStark
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

carolynw said... (6/24/13 4:57 PM) Reply
Love both these pants and until now I would have said I would never, ever like pants made out of a print so thanks for converting me. Great for desert travel - will blend in so well you might get lost which would not be good. I have some fabric for that contest!!
renren said... (6/24/13 9:39 AM) Reply
Really nice pants in a great fabric. Keep them both! As my elastic-waist pants begin to age due to wear I find they are perfect as gardening/yard pants.
Sew Whatever said... (6/24/13 5:54 AM) Reply
Well, the print doesn't seem so bad from a distance! What kind of treats do camels get then? LOL
Margaret said... (5/14/13 5:33 PM) Reply
Very nice -- I love the paisley and I think it looks great with the gold shirt.
rivergum said... (5/1/13 1:19 PM) Reply
The fabric looks lovely on my screen and kudos to you for venturing into harem pants, they are right on trend.
gsp1066 said... (4/20/13 10:23 AM) Reply
They look great--just the right amount of fullness. Have fun on your trip.
Dilliander said... (4/20/13 0:20 AM) Reply
I'm with the others, I like them and the Liberty cotton will make them feel fabulous too.
fourkid said... (4/19/13 8:30 PM) Reply
Very nice. I like the fabric! You could add a solid cuff to the bottom if the length bothers you, but I thought they looked fine as is. I love your styling.
Nancy Rhodes said... (4/19/13 8:06 PM) Reply
Fun idea for next year's contests... I hope your idea sticks. I have a few l o v e l y selections... I like the print and colors... IF the length bothers you, I think sheer double fold of something like a sheer knit - a 'see thru' band added to the bottom would be visually interesting and 'solve' the length issue.
Mufffet said... (4/19/13 11:30 AM) Reply
Love 'em. Great color as well. Safari pants for sure.
ChristmasHills said... (4/19/13 3:52 AM) Reply
Also perfect for complementing desert sands. I have this pattern so will be very careful of length and add 8 inches instead of my usual 4 or 5. thanks for the warning,
Stargirl7 said... (4/19/13 0:45 AM) Reply
I actually rather like this fabric. It seems to want to travel with you to foreign parts. Plus it will look rather nice with a camel. Nicely done!
wendyrb said... (4/19/13 0:31 AM) Reply
You definitely nailed the harem pant look without any common mishaps! Simple on-seam pockets- goodness knows, required. I like the way you styled with the golden shirt and the shawl. The fabric . . . love paisley too and the colors, but hmmmm . . . What a great idea- The Horrible Fabric Contest. I could give you some competition there! Make these pants again, different fabric and I bet you'll love'em.

by: Lisa Gaska...