Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1613 (Misses Tops)

Reviewed by:ArtAttack

About ArtAttackstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/11/11
Posted on:5/12/13 4:13 AM
Last Updated:5/12/13 4:22 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
SewButterflySew said... (5/19/13 2:32 PM) Reply
Your top turned out great! I'm in the middle of making it now (read: the top is in pieces on the floor because after spending several hours trying to get the twist together, I need a mental break). I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking too hard about it. As soon as I stopped thinking and started doing, it came together fine.
Leslie Bonner said... (5/14/13 2:08 AM) Reply
Absolutely unique and special Top! Can't wait to try it.
Amanda.Claire said... (5/13/13 1:52 PM) Reply
Fabulous top!! What an interesting twisty front. I bet you could win the most unique tops in their closet contest.
MNBarb said... (5/13/13 11:58 AM) Reply
The twist on this top looks impossible, like you'd need a magic act to make it happen. So cute on you in another one of your perfect earthy tones.
norie creates said... (5/13/13 11:15 AM) Reply
Wow, this is beautiful and well worth the effort! Love the color too!
grays08 said... (5/13/13 10:34 AM) Reply
I love this and am so glad you made this up as I was on the fence on this particular variation. I bought this for the open shoulder, but wow, now I have to make this option. Completely fabulous and different, love it!
BettyMike said... (5/13/13 7:54 AM) Reply
Love your top, the color is wonderful! I just bought this pattern yesterday! Thanks for a timely review!
Danvillegirl said... (5/13/13 6:56 AM) Reply
Nicely done!
1SewSweet said... (5/13/13 4:31 AM) Reply
Oh my this is a really nice top! I thought I was tone buying patterns for a while! I guess that thought was a big mistake! I have to add this one!
pdiddly said... (5/13/13 2:49 AM) Reply
great looking top - love all the twists
Vonnevo said... (5/12/13 9:21 PM) Reply
Fabulous !!!
jenleeC said... (5/12/13 8:25 PM) Reply
What a great little top! And your version looks way better than the envelope photo!
canei said... (5/12/13 8:05 PM) Reply
I have this one...you did a great job. Thanks for the review.
Meredith P said... (5/12/13 7:50 PM) Reply
Just bought this one and looked at the directions. Whooeey! They ARE interesting. Your top looks great!
Dilliander said... (5/12/13 5:50 PM) Reply
Very nice!
Sue Parrott said... (5/12/13 4:56 PM) Reply
Love it! So cute!
Merche said... (5/12/13 3:35 PM) Reply
I need tops! Specially if they can look as nice as yours. There are endless possibilities to combine this one. No, we didnīt win but we still can have Martinis! ;)
SewWil said... (5/12/13 1:21 PM) Reply
LOVE it!!! I just bought this pattern so your review is timely. Your top looks great on you!
Barbara V said... (5/12/13 11:43 AM) Reply
The style, color and fit all just outstanding! What a great pattern. Very nice work!
madbadger said... (5/12/13 11:27 AM) Reply
Ha - I had this pattern in my hand yesterday and put it back because that twisty thing looked like it would make my head hurt. Good for you for figuring it out!!! Looks great!
Jrhee said... (5/12/13 10:57 AM) Reply
How cute is this top? I bet it is perfect with jeans, shorts, and skirts!
sergette said... (5/12/13 10:32 AM) Reply
So cute, and looks great on you! I want one too. I like your description of disengaging your left brain and letting the instructions take you over.
AndreaSews said... (5/12/13 10:30 AM) Reply
So cute! Definitely worth the extra patience and effort.
RadarRadiance said... (5/12/13 10:12 AM) Reply
Love it! Love the color! It really looks nice and new on you.
loti said... (5/12/13 9:50 AM) Reply
Very pretty and unusual!
liliv said... (5/12/13 9:41 AM) Reply
Worth the effort! The twist is a very interesting detail and makes the top really cute! The color is one of my favorites!
cleverkitty said... (5/12/13 9:12 AM) Reply
I was just looking at this pattern this past week and walked away from it for all the reasons you mentioned I must have been in a non thinking frame of mind which is often. BUT now that I see yours it would make a really really cute summer top. Okay you sold me on it :)
wendlesue said... (5/12/13 9:04 AM) Reply
Such a cute pattern!!! And your review made me think it is probably do-able. I so want to make one!
Re Becca said... (5/12/13 8:54 AM) Reply
Oh how stylish! It does look like and interesting challenge, your result is adorable.
Jstarr4250 said... (5/12/13 8:46 AM) Reply
Oh I just love this top and that Peridot color looks fantastic on you. The front twist is such a fun detail. Can't wait to try this.
sewfrequent said... (5/12/13 7:49 AM) Reply
Its adorable!! perfect fit! i have no idea how this top is made but I can bet it wasn't easy!
SavageCoco said... (5/12/13 5:10 AM) Reply
Oh, I really like this top!
lexi11 said... (5/12/13 4:57 AM) Reply
I love it! Very nicely done.

ZIPPERS - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford