Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1297 (Misses' Dress )

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:5/18/13 1:24 AM
Sunny_D said... (10/13/15 3:45 PM) Reply
Nenewhis said... (9/7/13 1:29 PM) Reply
This is just sew fabulous! I love the beautiful use of stripes, the chic-ness of the look, this is a garment that is so well thought of and made I am positively gaga over it!!! Love Love Love!
Annette1 said... (5/23/13 0:28 AM) Reply
This is SO cute on you! I can only long to be as chic as you in this fabulous, artsy (but not too artsy) dress. I LOVE the way you've used the dual stripes. :o)
JillyBe said... (5/21/13 4:51 PM) Reply
What a great dress on you! Love the addition of the sleeves, and you've picked a perfect combo and placement of the stripes. Love it!
Christas said... (5/20/13 11:51 PM) Reply
This is such a lovely dress, Barbara! It looks amazing on you! I love your fabric choice so much. And, hey..... send me some of your sewing mojo, please! :-)
SewWil said... (5/20/13 9:07 PM) Reply
What a wonderful dress!!! Excellent choice of fabric.
liliv said... (5/20/13 10:01 AM) Reply
Very nice use of the two different stripes. Your dress is very stylish. I also liked that you added color with the scarf and the shoes. You are a very well dressed lady:)
nothy lane said... (5/19/13 3:17 PM) Reply
Oh this is lovely. You've sold me on this pattern - I've looked at it a few times and wondered if it would turn out shapeless, but yours is really flattering.
Heatherrique said... (5/19/13 11:42 AM) Reply
Barbara. your dress is so en vogue! You wear this style fabulously.
2 Airedales n Me said... (5/19/13 11:24 AM) Reply
Snappy! And so cute on you. Thanks for the tips to make it unique. (Thanks also for the tour of your back yard! Looks so inviting.)
cmarie12 said... (5/19/13 10:46 AM) Reply
Such a lovely dress! Love your fabric choice!
marec said... (5/19/13 9:12 AM) Reply
Very chic, very flattering. I like the cap sleeves, and the tucks to the bottom hem. You have a home run with this dress. :-)
lamstu said... (5/19/13 9:03 AM) Reply
wow! wow! wow! Great use of two related fabrics. Your dress exceeds any notion I ever had of this pattern. Thanks for showing us your beautiful dress (and so nicely styled too).
Amanda.Claire said... (5/19/13 7:56 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress! Everything is so perfect!!
prttynpnk said... (5/19/13 6:30 AM) Reply
Wow- what a great meake- so floaty and fab.
Clareew said... (5/18/13 3:31 PM) Reply
I always love your dresses, this is no exception. Great combination of fabric and pattern.
sfshaza said... (5/18/13 1:54 PM) Reply
It looks great, Barbara! I really like the mixing of the two stripes and your tucks at the hem are inspired. I also like the cap sleeve and would imagine that really works for your climate.
DorothyK said... (5/18/13 10:57 AM) Reply
This dress looks fabulous on you. Perfect marriage of fabric and pattern. I must make this dress.
redside said... (5/18/13 10:44 AM) Reply
Wow, this looks so fun!
Sue Parrott said... (5/18/13 8:31 AM) Reply
You look adorable! I love it! I also wouldn't mind sitting on your patio, just lovely!
cleverkitty said... (5/18/13 8:25 AM) Reply
looks great on you and yes the fabric is a winner :)
Rebecca D said... (5/18/13 8:00 AM) Reply
Stunning. Love the stripes combo and it is very flattering.
GoodbyeValntino said... (5/18/13 7:32 AM) Reply
What a cool dress you've made! Great use of fabrics. The loose fitting design is not at all overwhelming - you look fab!
Jstarr4250 said... (5/18/13 6:44 AM) Reply
Love it! Very distinctive and definitely chic.
FreyaStark said... (5/18/13 4:54 AM) Reply
A chic and distinctive dress. It looks really good on you.
Barbara V said... (5/18/13 1:49 AM) Reply
Thank you! Marci, it was a disappointment to miss. I was with my family at the beach that weekend. The pictures and report obviously revealed it to be a wonderful PR gathering. I would have enjoyed seeing you and everyone again!
sew2little said... (5/18/13 1:43 AM) Reply
Marcy and Sandra--combined they are unbeatable--and this is a wonderful result. Had hoped you might be at PR weekend in SF! Marci
ArtAttack said... (5/18/13 1:35 AM) Reply
This is so cute on you. I love the use of 2 different stripes!

by: Sheila457