Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> J Stern Designs> 0041 (The Tee)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

wildberrymom said... (6/12/13 8:39 AM) Reply
Rosalaya--a bit more width in the shoulder seam is on my list of adjustments for the next version. The seams allow for the FBA but in my case, I think it put too much length in the lower front--we'll see what #2 does. Thanks for all of the feedback and kind words from all of you.
Danvillegirl said... (6/12/13 6:41 AM) Reply
I did not have good success with this pattern, some was operator error on my part. Perhaps the class would be helpful.
Rosalaya said... (6/12/13 1:07 AM) Reply
Mmm I see what you mean about all those seams. You've made a good job on the neck adjustments, I agree that a bit narrower may be better and I think that a fraction more width from the armhole down coud be beneficial. Well done, the white on white theme works well.
Terri A said... (6/12/13 0:50 AM) Reply
You look adorable in that tee!!!
liliv said... (6/11/13 4:42 PM) Reply
I like these seams! The neckline finishing is lovely:)
sewme47 said... (6/11/13 9:51 AM) Reply
I also made this tee for my daughters and then wanted one for myself, so I took the class, too. I'm so sorry you weren't happy with the results. Mine worked out better, but I wasn't trying to make any style changes. I closely followed Jennifer's instructions for FBA and shoulder adjustments which worked very well for my needs. I have a very large bust and very narrow, sloping shoulders. The seamed yoke gave me lots of places to fine tune the fit. As you said, it may take a few tries to get the kinks worked out. I really like your all-white version!
ArtAttack said... (6/11/13 9:14 AM) Reply
Good basic tee and looks like a wearable muslin. I never could get the two front yoke pieces to behave and also ended up combining them. Glad you are willing to work the kinks out of it.
Sew Whatever said... (6/11/13 6:08 AM) Reply
I've not seen this style before. I guess you'd need the seaming in order to keep your neckline and upper shoulders the right size but allow for a larger area for the bust. Sounds like a good idea. I suppose if you didn't have to adjust the back at all, you wouldn't need seaming there. Hmm. interesting concept.
wendyrb said... (6/11/13 2:39 AM) Reply
Thanks for your fully detailed review of the pattern and working with Jen. Lookin' good; you made a lot of headway for a "muslin" and you're well along to a TNT. Congrats. I'm signed up for the class. Have to get back to it.

by: petro