Online Sewing Class: Pattern Work

Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 4509 (Run Away Dress)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest
Reviewed by:SquishSews

About SquishSewsstar
Member since: 1/18/09
Posted on:6/21/13 11:31 PM
Last Updated:6/22/13 11:09 PM

Ashford said... (8/23/13 6:36 PM) Reply
I had all the beginner problems you mentioned -binding, ties, and sleeves. I wrote to Silhouette Patterns and told them that more instruction was needed for beginners. I got a thank you as a reply. I do not think they will invest the time to make the changes. I could be wrong. I agree; the dress is very comfortable in the hot climate. I like your fabric choice and the pockets.
oldpatterns said... (7/9/13 8:18 AM) Reply
Interesting variation on the Butterick Walkaway dress from the 50's and it's 1960s variations. The same issues you have with is as a wearablitiy are present in the dress it is based on. Great sewing job.
marec said... (6/23/13 12:00 PM) Reply
This is such a helpful review-thanks for the clear analysis of the pattern. Cute details and terrific modifications to make this work for you.
Sew Whatever said... (6/23/13 10:54 AM) Reply
Good points on the way to wear it. I think you made a good choice having the ties at the back.
SquishSews said... (6/22/13 11:10 PM) Reply
Oooh, when I click edit review (I saw some typos; hangs head in shame) - the links and image options were available and working! You have pics now.... :-)
SquishSews said... (6/22/13 10:33 PM) Reply
I submitted a link to my flickr page, but I was testing Deepika's new image thing and couldn't make it work. For now, you can copy paste this URL http://www.flickr.com/photos/squishsews/sets/72157634254199003/
JEF said... (6/22/13 7:28 AM) Reply
:) Glad the binding method worked for you! Yep, we all want pics. I can't wait the see the extra 50s vibe you describe.
Diane333 said... (6/22/13 7:00 AM) Reply
I too would LOVE to see the picture.
Pj3g said... (6/22/13 6:52 AM) Reply
Very thorough review! Would love to see it!

Ottobre Design Magazine 03-2011-21