Pattern with more than 5 reviews!
|No Pattern Used: 2013-001 (Closet Curtain) - Type:Home Dec|
Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest
|Viewed 45 times
|About SheBear0320 |
|Member since: 4/8/08 |
|Reviews written: 63|
|Favored by: 9 people|
|patterns reviewed: 59|
|Posted on:||6/26/13 10:32 PM |
|Fabric:||Cotton Blend [See other projects in this fabric]|
|Related Links |
|Click on to add a link|
|Description: I think every home has one of those areas where the owner has to wonder "What was the builder thinking?"|
For our relatively new home (built 2001), it was a little closet in a narrow wall on the right as soon as you walk in the master bedroom. It originally had a bi-fold door on it which made it impossible to make any use out of the closet.
At first we tried storing our off-season clothes in it, but it just wasn't convenient, then it became a junk collector. Finally we decided to store our board games in the closet (we are huge game players so have quite the collection), but the bi-fold door made it extremely difficult to get the games in and out -- particularly the ones in big boxes.
Solution -- remove the bi-fold door permanently.
Then bought a tension cafe rod to install at the top of the door opening and it sat that way for about 3 or 4 years. I always planned to make a curtain but never got around to it. 2013's Fabric Stash Contest became the push to do the Games Closet Curtain.
Sizing: The closet door opening is 80" high by 24" wide
Fabric Used: Cotton/poly blend sheeting -- this fabric piece was about 2.75 yards long by about 50" wide and left over from a project I did for my DD when she went to university (1996). The fabric has been stashed away in a box since then -- too big of a piece to get rid of but hard enough to find an appropriate use for.
Method: I cut a 28.5" wide strip of the beige portion of the sheet which had a horizontal strip across the top. I then cut away the blue stripes off the sides of the sheeting and attached them to the sides of the beige portion to arrive at the correct width for the closet. The sides have a double .5" hem and the top has a 2.25" casing. The hem is 1.5" doubled. All stitching is done by machine. The seam allowances are finished with the serger.
Conclusion: Good use of an old piece of fabric in the stash for 17 years. It was one of those pieces that was not big enough for some projects or a pattern that was difficult to use for other projects. it was perfect for this particular project. A long time "to do" now crossed off "the list".
<< Previous Next >>
Login to Add a Comment