Pattern Reviews> J Stern Designs> 0037 (Misses' Jeans)

Review submitted in 2013 Jeans Contest Contest
Reviewed by:wildberrymom

About wildberrymomstar
MI USA
Member since: 6/11/08
Posted on:6/30/13 4:23 PM
Last Updated:6/30/13 4:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
cyxa said... (10/18/13 12:17 PM) Reply
I've added an extra panel behind the pants lining with stitched bias "stays" like they have in RTW but I really like your idea of powernet. I'm going to try that next time.
wildberrymom said... (7/14/13 3:00 AM) Reply
Thanks for the suggestion; the back pockets are my nemesis when it comes to placement.
ChildOfTheWild said... (7/10/13 10:38 AM) Reply
Really great pair of jeans! However . I would suggest that next time you set the back pockets a bit wider apart. Right now they are too close together. In my opinion.
becca a said... (7/6/13 10:54 AM) Reply
Your jeans look great! What a clever idea to use powernet for the pockets. I buy my jeans rivets on ebay or from the person recommended in the jeans sewalong thread from several years ago.
leoniep said... (7/5/13 6:33 PM) Reply
Looking good!
Sew Whatever said... (7/1/13 12:53 PM) Reply
These look really smart on you! a better fit than you could get in the shops I bet!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (7/1/13 10:49 AM) Reply
Terrific fit, these look great!
wildberrymom said... (7/1/13 9:27 AM) Reply
@Renren--Another person in the jeans class had a disastrous experience with the jeans button and, while mine wasn't a complete disaster, I also had a VERY hard time getting the button on even with using a pick to put a hole in the fabric first--it would not go onto the rivet part for anything--wanted to bend and do anything but. I was finally able to get it on but not with any confidence that it will stay for posterity. The dungaree button practically snaps on by hand and, so far, has held well. @ArtAttack--I will PM you, thank you!
liliv said... (7/1/13 2:10 AM) Reply
very nice fit!
renren said... (6/30/13 11:04 PM) Reply
Very nice! I, too, made use of a hammer. And I considered using the dungaree button but went with a jeans snap instead.
crazygrad said... (6/30/13 8:35 PM) Reply
So Helpful!!
ArtAttack said... (6/30/13 6:20 PM) Reply
Looks like a great fitting pair of jeans! Great job. I've got a great source for copper buttons and rivets. PM me if interested and I'll find his info.

Fit For Art Eureka! Pants that Fit Pattern