Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2009-119 (Puff Sleeve dress)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest

Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:7/6/13 8:11 PM
Last Updated:7/7/13 6:31 AM

caper81 said... (7/8/13 1:37 PM) Reply
Your first knit dress? Wow, you did a great job! :)
butterflyfly said... (7/7/13 5:41 PM) Reply
To: AuntieShel -thank you, that's exactly what I'm gonna do for the next dress :)
AuntieShel said... (7/7/13 3:15 PM) Reply
I think your dress is just lovely and you look great in it!! It fits perfectly! Great job for your first knit--they are a different animal than wovens. I wonder if you could skip the underlayer of the sleeve and gather it into a band? It may hang differently but wouldn't be so hot :) !!
butterflyfly said... (7/7/13 9:51 AM) Reply
Thanks ladies for your kind comments!
Sew Whatever said... (7/7/13 9:00 AM) Reply
You may not be a flowery person but the style suits you. Well done.
GermanKleinigkeit said... (7/7/13 8:08 AM) Reply
I didn't really notice this in the Burda magazine. But I very much like your version. And especially on you, I think it suits you wonderful, the colours and the style. Maybe you can catch the right weather to wear it!
liliv said... (7/7/13 5:31 AM) Reply
I like very much your dress, the print is fantastic! I like the sleeves, of course you are right about the hot/chilly day issue but they are pretty!!
susanbanks said... (7/7/13 1:59 AM) Reply
Great dress, love the fabric! There's always something lost in translation with those Burda magazine instructions so well done for getting something nice out at the end.
PattyE said... (7/7/13 0:24 AM) Reply
I think you did a super job on your first knit garment. Well done!
madbadger said... (7/6/13 10:51 PM) Reply
I think your dress looks quite lovely - nice esp for first time with a knit (my first knit was a hot mess!).
SewLibra said... (7/6/13 9:01 PM) Reply
I think you look quite good in this fabric! The body of the dress fits you well. The sleeves could be modified so that the seamline is at your shoulder line....but sleeves are hard to alter, at least for me. Still, that is the pattern's fault and not yours. You did a great job.

More Knits