Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Luly Yang (Blue Monarch Dress for Barbie)

Reviewed by:arianamaniacs

About arianamaniacsstarstarstarstar
Austria
Member since: 6/11/04
Posted on:7/13/13 6:17 PM
Last Updated:7/13/13 6:32 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Mc Donna said... (12/11/13 8:56 AM) Reply
I am in awe! Thank you for sharing your very helpful review with us.
BlossomKyle said... (7/21/13 8:01 PM) Reply
Barbie never looked so good! GREAT job!!
Dale C said... (7/19/13 5:53 PM) Reply
Cool! I just started helping my daughter with cosplay items for her BJD and we're having a great time designing stuff. She just went with her doll (and friends) to the anime expo in LA as characters from Magi. I don't know the anime, but I do enjoy helping her make the cosplay. Looking forward to seeing YOUR finished dress too!
KathySews said... (7/19/13 9:11 AM) Reply
this is fantastic
Stitching fairy said... (7/18/13 5:56 AM) Reply
Wow!!!! My jaw dropped open when I saw this fabulous dress, you even painted the fabric, double wow!!! Can't wait to see the full sized version as this one is fantastic.
JOshiro said... (7/14/13 3:07 PM) Reply
Oh, my goodness! What a great homage.
Samantha82 said... (7/14/13 10:53 AM) Reply
Great job, it looks fabulous! Also thank you for the link to the free Barbie pattern.
Karen R said... (7/14/13 2:23 AM) Reply
Wow, that is a stunning dress you have created for Barbie, I am also looking forward to seeing the larger version
beanchor said... (7/14/13 1:09 AM) Reply
This is insanity! I love it!
PattyE said... (7/14/13 0:29 AM) Reply
The Luly Yang dress is TDF...can't wait to see your big version. Your Barbie must be over-the-moon with her new dress!
guillorypr said... (7/13/13 7:06 PM) Reply
Oh, I LOVE making cool Barbie clothes! Thanks for posting!
Texahoma said... (7/13/13 7:05 PM) Reply
I had never heard of this designer or her monarch dress( I don't get out much). Now I want to know as much as I can about her beautiful work. Your Barbie dress is a work of art that does justice to the inspiration. Bravo!
Margaret said... (7/12/13 4:16 PM) Reply
Wow! This is really pretty! The painted wings are gorgeous! I wonder if bias-cutting the chiffon layer might help it gather or drape better, if you haven't tried that already? (On the other hand, I could see how given Barbie's measurements, a circular cut might really be the only way to fit her waist without a lot of bulk....)
OceanSew said... (7/12/13 12:28 PM) Reply
Fabulous! All the other Barbies will be insanely jealous.
grey ann said... (7/12/13 10:43 AM) Reply
Just gorgeous. Can't wait to see your full-size one!
Morisot said... (7/12/13 9:52 AM) Reply
Oh wow. That's beautiful. (I think your Barbie dress is prettier!)
birdmcfarland said... (7/12/13 8:36 AM) Reply
As an insect lover and biologist, that dress just blew me away when I saw it. This is absolutely adorable. I am really looking forward to the seeing the real thing!
caper81 said... (7/12/13 8:11 AM) Reply
Really cool! Ah Barbie, brings back memories! :) Can't wait to see your "real life" version :D
annakeeton said... (7/12/13 8:09 AM) Reply
Looking forward to seeing your eventual final dress. The Barbie version is stunning with the hand-painted wings.
arianamaniacs said... (7/11/13 5:37 PM) Reply
It's still a WIP. I'm currently working on the tulle. I couldn't wait for the second row of wings to dry, I wanted to forge ahead :)
krafts said... (7/11/13 5:05 PM) Reply
Wonderful!
CTBarb said... (7/11/13 4:44 PM) Reply
Wow! Spectacular! Did you do only one layer of wings as a choice? Will you do more on your dress? I like the layered wing look. You always amaze me with the design elements you create on your garments.
CTBarb said... (7/11/13 4:44 PM) Reply