Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8860 (Shirt/blouse)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest

Other Projects by FreyaStark using this Pattern

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

pointpatou said... (7/3/15 4:33 PM) Reply
Nice shirt! Thanks for the detailed discussion.
Quickie said... (7/14/13 12:39 PM) Reply
I think this is a beautifully made classic shirt
Margaret said... (7/14/13 11:35 AM) Reply
Very nice shirt! I'm glad the fit changes worked well. This certainly looks like a pattern worth making again.
Sue Parrott said... (7/13/13 10:10 PM) Reply
Wow, your work is just impeccable! I love your fit, fabric, everything! Enjoy wearing this!
wildberrymom said... (7/13/13 8:40 PM) Reply
Well, it looks perfect from here--bravo on the fitting.
marec said... (7/13/13 4:08 PM) Reply
A gorgeous shirt, especially with the Liberty of London fabric. As always, I learn something new when reading your reviews.
GoodbyeValntino said... (7/13/13 8:49 AM) Reply
So glad you finally made this fabric. It's a beautiful blouse!
Heatherrique said... (7/13/13 8:06 AM) Reply
Impressive work on your Liberty of London shirt. I appreciate your review, and especially the details on your alterations. Nicely tailored and very flattering.
Dilliander said... (7/13/13 0:21 AM) Reply
Your adjustments have made this the perfect TnT, its lovely!
carolynw said... (7/12/13 7:51 PM) Reply
Looks so nice - where will you be off to with this shirt. Canada maybe - then I could steal it and many other of your shirts
Zoomitron said... (7/12/13 6:05 PM) Reply
I look forward to your reviews, they are always helpful, and entertaining. I too have the "gravity" issue, my dress form is pretty close to my size except for the perkiness, and I can't change that part of her. I'm quite sure I was perky 40 years ago. I've always been curious of your name, are you related to the very famous Freya Stark? Thanks again for the sewing inspirations.
renren said... (7/12/13 1:29 PM) Reply
Long live Liberty of London! Long live FreyaStark and her mad shirtmaking skilz!!!
MNBarb said... (7/12/13 1:26 PM) Reply
I always wonder why classic patterns like this go OOP. I love your description of the fabric and the gravity comment, it just happens, doesn't it? You are the top shirt maker. This one is perfect.
carolynw said... (7/12/13 10:39 AM) Reply
Lovely shirt - Liberty fabric is such a joy to work with.
Mufffet said... (7/12/13 10:25 AM) Reply
Really nice - great fit!
Christas said... (7/12/13 8:26 AM) Reply
It looks like you definitely have a TNT blouse pattern with your adjustments to this one. The Liberty print is very pretty and your blouse fits you wonderfully!
Maree P said... (7/12/13 6:39 AM) Reply
Lovely sewing Freya. I like the colours in the fabric.
JanieBee said... (7/12/13 6:23 AM) Reply
Beautiful work! Perfect fit!
Sew Whatever said... (7/12/13 6:00 AM) Reply
Love the comment 'photographed very cunningly to avoid looking dreadful.' How many of us have done that! Glad you were able to adjust this version to a fit you like.
FreyaStark said... (7/12/13 4:49 AM) Reply
An interesting comment, mm. Liberty's lawn does seem thin these days but is still of acceptable quality. I don't have any really old pieces; mine have all been acquired in the past decade. An exception is the fabric of two Liberty blouses I made for my mother in the nineties (and still have). The fabric of those does seem sturdier, but it is difficult to be sure.
mm said... (7/12/13 4:23 AM) Reply
Another fine shirt. What is the hand like on your Liberty fabric? I bought some recently, having not bought any for many years, and was disappointed by the quality. If yours is old Liberty, treasure it.

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-2012-128