Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2975 (Blouse)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest
Reviewed by:SheBear0320

About SheBear0320starstar
MB Canada
Member since: 4/8/08
Posted on:7/12/13 11:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
melrosemiss said... (1/4/14 2:39 PM) Reply
Do you have a blog? I would love to be able to follow your sewing and weight loss accomplishments. I am not sure I can PM you without you contacting me first. (???) My email is melrosemiss@aol.com. Great job - sewing and weight loss. I am on The Zone, hoping to lose another 50-60 lbs before having both knees replaced and beginning to sew for myself again.
Gaynor Edgely said... (7/18/13 5:35 AM) Reply
These are all really nice tops.
SheBear0320 said... (7/14/13 10:57 AM) Reply
Thank you all for your comments -- further proof that the "style rules" are just generalities that don't necessarily work on every body. I think it's all about proportion regardless of how tall you are or the shape of your body. Renren -- the pattern I have is the same as the line drawings of the linked pattern but the cover photos on my pattern are different (my copy of the pattern is about 20 years old -- I made a top for my DD when she was in her teens).
21wale said... (7/13/13 7:07 PM) Reply
What pretty blouses! I'm not an expert, hehe, but I think the style is pretty flattering. The peasant gathering (with your changes) is an attractive feature.
wildberrymom said... (7/13/13 5:56 PM) Reply
I agree with carolynw--I especially like your second version that is so delicate and feminine but all three are very nice.
Vintage Joan said... (7/13/13 11:23 AM) Reply
I agree -- whoever told you that was wrong. This style is great on you. I especially like the neckline.
Sew Whatever said... (7/13/13 7:05 AM) Reply
I love the tie dye print. It looks very summery.
renren said... (7/13/13 0:01 AM) Reply
I like the top and I think all 3 look good on you! I think the tie dye is my favorite because of the uber casualness and comfort tie dye suggests. I think I may have an older Burda pattern similar to this top so I should look into sewing it. Seems cool for summer.
carolynw said... (7/12/13 11:29 PM) Reply
Wonder who told you this style isn't for your body? IMHO they were wrong. This looks great on you - all 3 versions so sew away with this pattern - should be a TNT for you. I am getting this pattern for sure - looks much better on you than it does on the envelope

Understanding Knit Fabrics