Workroom from Project Runway, misses’ belted knit dress with neckline and sleeve variations. New Look Just 4 Knits sewing pattern.
10-22, I made a Size 16/18 combo.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes this pattern sewed up exactly as advertized.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
I didn't use the instructions because this dress is fairly easy to put together for my experience level.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the faux wrap bodice, it never gapes on me like most do. I love the pockets too.
Rayon/Lyrca and maybe some silk thin double knit. This was a deep stash purchase from Emmaonesock so my fiber content details are a little sketchy.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
1. Shortened the bodice 2". Tutorial for how to do that on my blog since this pattern has no shorten/lengthen lines.
2. Took in the sleeves 1/2" at the seam.
3. Took in the back bodice 3/8" at the CB seam for a total 3/4" reduction of length to the back waist seam.
4. Took 3/8" off the back skirt waist seam to make it match the bodice.
5. Added 4" of length to the skirt. I probably chopped off an inch of that when doing the hem so it's a little shorter than cut.
6. Left off the neck facings.
7. Used the coverstitch machine to finish the neckline, sleeve, and hem. I also used it to stitch along the pocket edges.
8. Took in the waist 3/8" at the side seams after the dress was constructed.
I also cut down all the seam allowances to 1/4" except the neckline since I turned and finished that. The neckline was stablized with knit fuse tape before cover stitching it down.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I would sew this again and I've also put this bodice on the Lady skater skirt and it's one of my favorite dresses.
Great wardrobe basic. You can read a little more about this dress on my blog and see some amazing sandals. ;)