Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Billie (Billie)

Reviewed by:jjmagenta

About jjmagenta
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 8/4/12
Posted on:7/13/13 10:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

jjmagenta said... (7/15/13 3:47 AM) Reply
I like your idea Annie, I will try it out before I give up on it completely.
Annie P said... (7/14/13 7:38 PM) Reply
I think it looks good, and the stripes look really interesting. Would the shoulder problem be solved by adding a strip along the shoulder seam (I'm assuming there is a shoulder seam as I can't figure the pattern out at all!) of either a solid or some stripes that run parallel with the shoulder? That way the join of the front and back stripes at odd angles would be disguised.
wingamajig said... (7/14/13 12:54 PM) Reply
The fabric is strking, and the colors look good on you. I hope you will be able to salvage it for another top. I'm also interested to see how this pattern works up in a solid.
2 Airedales n Me said... (7/14/13 12:42 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have this pattern and was curious to see it made up. Your tip about not-so-stretchy fabric is helpful. I also think the stripes look interesting from the vantage point of the photo.... Please post your result when made in a solid.
jjmagenta said... (7/14/13 3:12 AM) Reply
Yes, I will definitely try a plain dark top. The drape is beautiful, however the pleat on the right shoulder (which you can't see very well) is definitely awry with the stripes.
Speech girl said... (7/13/13 10:59 PM) Reply
I think the stripes look very interesting (at least they seem to work from the angle of your photo). It is quite a unique style. Are you going to try it again in a different fabric?

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS