Pattern Description: Feminine pajama tank. The shoulder straps of the top are comfortable as they have narrow elastic within them. There is also elastic under the bust.
Pattern Sizing: 34-52cm; My measurements put me in a size 40 for the top so that is the size I traced and cut. The bust part was way to big for me... boo It was big both width-wise and height-wise. I tapered 1/2 inch off each of the sides and then flipped the top elastic down again. It works now even though it is slightly big still. Next time I'll have to try a size 38 - I usually wear an XS to a S in RTW tops.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes it did!
Were the instructions easy to follow? I followed the instructions for this tank and they were well written. I went step by step and had no problems
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I wanted to have some pajamas that were comfy but prettier than my usual fuzzy pants and t-shirt. Plus it is a bit "vintage" looking.
Fabric Used: Most of these pattern pieces are cut on the fold with exception to the straps and button band. It is a bit of a fabric hog because of this. Fabric I picked up from Hancock's Sept 15th, 2012; It is a beautiful Ivory and has yellow flowers. Very lightweight and semi-sheer. I grabbed it because it looked so "vintage" to me. They only had 2.5 yards left so I snatched them all up at $1.19/yard; I used pretty much all of it so my pajama outfit cost me $2.98 total. LOL that ROCKS!
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:My fabric is semi-sheer so I added a nice light cotton lining to the bust area. I used a small bit of the pre-packaged bias tape for the button band to match the shorts drawstring. At first I wasn't sure what length I needed to gather the center bust band too, however I soon realized I was fitting the button band into that spot. Next time I'll most likely use some elastic tape so it is a nicer gather.
I forgot about the underbust elastic and casing made with the seam allowances when I serged those seams.... It made for a very tight elastic casing but I made it work. I didn't want any picot-edged elastic on the tank either so I used 1/4 inch elastic and attached it as I would for a swim suit, or underwear - zigzaged the elastic on while stretching and then flip and zigzag again. I had to make sure I created more stretching on top of the bust cups because the pattern states to extra stretch here to "create shape for the bust."
Conclusion: Overall I'm pleased and most likely will attempt this pattern again in a different size