Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Olive Spliced Tee (Olive Spliced Tee)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest
Reviewed by:Danvillegirl

About Danvillegirlstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/6/03
Posted on:7/21/13 7:57 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Janie Viers said... (8/7/13 11:55 AM) Reply
How about a solid piping between the pieces? Or a print piping that contains all the colors in the peices? I think that a tiny shoulder pad and a bit of a waist tuck/pleat and it looks great!
grays08 said... (7/22/13 9:05 AM) Reply
I love how you did the yoke - the effect is lovely. I think it also fits well and looks nice on you through the upper bodice and with that great fabric, it really is sharp. You have to love it on you though - I know that all too well with myself (although there was a cardi I hated on me after I made it and now wear all the time and love)!
Sew Whatever said... (7/22/13 6:30 AM) Reply
I like how you did the yoke. It helps to create interest because the print pattern is broken up. Would you like it better with just a little waist shaping using not too deep front darts?
Shona said... (7/22/13 0:36 AM) Reply
I think it looks great and I like what you did with the pattern; I noticed that right away. Maybe not as strong as solid colours but definitely adds to the design. Some cute patterns in that line.
Barbara V said... (7/21/13 9:03 PM) Reply
Cute top. The front stripe contrast thing is indeed very obvious and is what makes the top along with the bold print fun looking. Nice work!
nothy lane said... (7/21/13 9:01 PM) Reply
I like the shirt on you - you may consider just adding length to the shirt to get something you like better. I have a similar shape to you and I generally add three inches to any top.
Restart06 said... (7/21/13 8:26 PM) Reply
The back looks great & looks like it achieved the effect you wanted. I have this pattern also.....thinking that I may need to curve/take in the side seams to show a curvature at the waist...Thanks for the review!!!

by: ntpolite