Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4919 (Retro '52 Misses Dress)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest
Reviewed by:Margaret

About Margaretstarstarstarstar
BC Canada
Member since: 11/4/02
Posted on:7/22/13 3:34 PM

See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
marusya grace said... (3/28/14 3:26 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Thanks for posting this review!
CozyCotton said... (10/5/13 10:26 AM) Reply
great review. It will be my next project!
Margaret said... (7/30/13 10:23 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Mysticotala, I didn't think there was really too much fabric in the upper front for me, with this fabric and without the lining, but I could definitely see how it could happen on a different figure shape or with different fabric. It was really helpful to have a look at the previous reviews because many people did have those same issues that you mentioned.
FreyaStark said... (7/29/13 5:54 AM) Reply
Fabulous! The fabric looks better than it sounds. The length seems right to me, although a cm or 2 less wouldn't hurt. Well done, and thanks for a useful review. This pattern is in my collection and awaiting my attention.
yummymummy38 said... (7/24/13 5:16 PM) Reply
I like the look of this, especially the waist detail. Surprised its a knit lace!
mysticotala said... (7/23/13 11:39 AM) Reply
Love the fabric you chose! I made this dress years ago and just wore it again recently and it had all the problems you mentioned. The bodice was too full and the neckline wasn't stabilized and gaped. The back also kept riding up so I'm assuming the waistline was too low. Ah, the things we learn! Looks great on you! Such a fun dress
lamstu said... (7/23/13 0:41 AM) Reply
Your dress is really lovely! I think that the longer length is very flattering. It might be time for me to make it again for me ( I dieted out of my pretty green linen version, which is not sad except that I miss that dress!)
Tina303 said... (7/23/13 0:02 AM) Reply
I'm under the impression that vintage patterns have longer skirts because that was the style back then. Heaven forbid a lady would show her knee!
Pollycotton said... (7/22/13 11:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, what a great review you did too.
treefrog said... (7/22/13 6:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! The fabric is gorgeous - I thought it was a lace and was surprised to read that it is a knit
Rhonda in Montreal said... (7/22/13 6:05 PM) Reply
"apparently I have a high bust"... LUCKY!! Really NEAT fabric, Margaret ;D Dress up/down fun!!
prostheticsgirl said... (7/22/13 6:02 PM) Reply
Wow, lovely!
Sew Whatever said... (7/22/13 4:52 PM) Reply
Very thorough review. I think it looks lovely on you!
Sigrid. said... (7/22/13 4:03 PM) Reply
Great dress, the lenght is nice on you.

Lolita Patterns Gunmetal