Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6696 (Misses' Dresses and Slip)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest
Reviewed by:olgarosita

About olgarositastar
Member since: 6/29/10
Posted on:7/25/13 12:39 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Lingerie

Slouchy said... (8/3/15 8:48 AM) Reply
Your choice of print modernises this dress out of frump! Love the way you placed the border, esp. On the back. Love that you show benefit of removing excess gathering - my main concern. Thanks for details re armholes - I have no idea what I will do - my body has changed a bit since last time I sewed.
kajero said... (12/30/14 10:33 PM) Reply
You mentioned in your review, blog, or bio that you are pear-shaped. I have pinned your garment to the Pearables Pinterest Board. Please let me know if you would like it removed. An explanation of the Pearables Pinterest Board may be found in the first post in the Pearables forum.
slmstyle said... (8/6/13 12:01 PM) Reply
Great looking dress! The fabric is really lovely.
Nessahux said... (8/2/13 8:42 AM) Reply
I love a border print, and it looks so good on you! Really glad you persevered with the pattern as it is so striking and looks great with your figure.
FreyaStark said... (7/29/13 5:35 AM) Reply
Very nice, and an excellent way to use a border print. The upside down pattern on the back looks like a design effect, as the others have said. Do not worry about it!
suesew4me said... (7/26/13 5:34 PM) Reply
Really nice and don't be hard on yourself.
Laurie Lou said... (7/26/13 3:31 PM) Reply
So true about the staystitching! I try to do it before I handle also! I really like your print dress! Great review!
Danvillegirl said... (7/26/13 5:26 AM) Reply
Really cool looking dress! Fabric was perfect choice.
SewWil said... (7/25/13 10:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Great use of a border pring.
highroad said... (7/25/13 7:15 PM) Reply
What a pretty version of this dress! I agree with the commenter above: your placement of the print on the yoke looks like an intended design feature, not a fabric constraint.
BeaJay said... (7/25/13 7:07 PM) Reply
Lovely - great use of the border print.
Sew Whatever said... (7/25/13 6:34 PM) Reply
olgarosita, this looks lovely! The yoke print is just right...very designery! and no, I can't see a problem with the collar!
stonecutter17 said... (7/25/13 5:16 PM) Reply
You did the border perfectly! What a great look!
lakaribane said... (7/25/13 2:05 PM) Reply
I am sooo stealing this idea of the border print. I love border prints and I am obsessed with shirtdresses so this is a total win for me! Great work! And both the collar and the colored belts are fantastic ideas!
Aixoise said... (7/25/13 1:33 PM) Reply
The upside-down print in the yoke looks like a design detail: it mirrors the border print at the hem. So it's not a problem; it's an enhancement. Lovely dress!
sunnysewer said... (7/25/13 12:43 PM) Reply
fantastic, love this dress. and it looks great also. perfect fabric choice and the collar looks very nice.

Lekala Patterns 4093