Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3871 (Misses' Dresses)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest
Reviewed by:katlew03

About katlew03starstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/4/08
Posted on:7/30/13 3:37 PM

Keyboard Carol said... (7/18/14 5:00 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I bought this pattern and should have looked up a review first, so will hope for the best. With your tips, it will help with the gaping problem.
Margaret said... (8/6/13 12:09 PM) Reply
Cute dress! I'm glad it was possible to make it work with the binding. I don't know what it is with their message about not blending sizes -- maybe they're afraid some people would do it wrong, but I don't see how doing that kind of alteration a different way would be more foolproof.
Huntwoman said... (7/31/13 5:38 AM) Reply
Good thing I missed the part about blending sizes. Mine turned out fine, too. LOVE your fabric choice!
Sew Whatever said... (7/30/13 5:15 PM) Reply
I'm with Renren. It isn't as if the pattern cutting police will come! ;-) You have bought the pattern, it is yours now and you should listen to your intuition to make it your own!
renren said... (7/30/13 3:43 PM) Reply
I got polka dot love (stripes, too). Yeah, I've seen that advisory printed on KS patterns about not blending the sizes. I emailed them asking about it but they don't receive emails at that address anymore--guess since one of the Big 4 bought them they aren't autonomous anymore. Anyway, love the dress, sorry about the fit, and uh, I just ignore that non-blending warning. Nothing bad's happened to me yet. (Well, at least, nothing that I can directly link back or attribute to blending sizes on a KS pattern.)

Violette Field Threads Stella