|Following on from an Australian Sewing Guild Industry day last year, where one of the speakers used a basic Tshirt pattern to create a number of very different look, I have been spending a bit of time this year revisiting my TNT tshirt pattern.|
For this version, I used a pattern on size larger than my normal. The sleeve was unaltered, and the only alteration to the back was to lengthen it by 5cm. The tshirt front had a number of alterations made.
First, the front was lengthened 5cm (to match the back), the second alteration was to open the front at the CF line (ie not cut on the fold). Next, the front was extended out from the CF line 40cm. I marked a point on this line 20cm down from the neckline. From this point, I redrew a new line back to the neck edge of the shoulder (one leg of a triangle). From this same point I then drew a line down to the CF at the hemline (2nd leg of a triangle).
Once these alterations were made, the cardigan was assembled - stitched shoulder seams, inserted sleeves, stitched s/s then folded and stitched a 1cm seam around the cardigan. Finished!
The shoulder seams and back neck edge were taped to prevent stretching. I used a stretch needle (size 70) and Gutermann thread.
Apart from the patternmaking, this project took just on an hour to complete.