Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2339 (Misses' & Miss Petite Shirts)

Reviewed by:Danmar

About Danmar
FL United States
Member since: 11/3/11
Posted on:9/11/13 7:21 AM

Simplicity: 2339 by Danmar Simplicity: 2339 by Danmar

lcdrbetty said... (9/12/13 8:27 AM) Reply
This is my favorite style shirt, & you did a great job...fits beautifully. I have this pattern & will give it a shot.I too, seem to make mistakes on every garment I sew...usually stupid ones. Great review!
Danmar said... (9/12/13 7:01 AM) Reply
SewingCanary--thank you for the tips--checking them out now. I too was very surprised that I used the size 8 pattern. But like I said it was a stretch cotton. I used the C bust adjustment and pinned the paper pattern on for a fitting. I was being lazy and made no muslin but I got away with it. Thanks everybody for the comments. The nice feedback feels so good!
HRigg said... (9/12/13 3:51 AM) Reply
Smart looking shirt. Thanks for your review.
sewingcanary said... (9/11/13 9:02 PM) Reply
PS - this Amazing Fit pattern really amazed me. I tissue fitted 3 pattern fronts: B, C, and D cup. What a difference each made in the way the pattern fit, how it hung and how it will look when finished. I am totally sold on taking time to do proper large bust adjustments. This pattern does it for you.
sewingcanary said... (9/11/13 8:58 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for your review. Your shirt is lovely. This is going to be my go-to shirt. I was surprised you cut smaller than you measured as the pattern looks to be quite fitted. I havenít made it yet but will be cutting a size larger than I expected, however I will be using non-stretch fabric. I discovered a good use for all the iron-on interfacing I found in my stash, so I did this today: Hope this takes you to FashionSewingBlogTV - Preserving Your Sewing Patterns. This woman has some good tutorials on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NJxvTrXIh0. Thanks also for the tip about the collar width. I might narrow mine a bit. Iím going to try the thread through the collar corner trick. Also, re collars, the following collar assembly tutorial is excellent. It looks long and tedious, but is the way my collar process has morphed over the years. The website it geared mainly to professional tailoring but thereís a ton of information that applies to general sewing. This woman knows her stuff! A Tale and Tutorial of Three Collars. http://www.fashion-incubator.com/archive/a-tale-and-tutorial-of-three-collars/ Kudos Damar for a job well done.
FreyaStark said... (9/11/13 7:57 PM) Reply
An excellent shirt and a perfect fit. Now that you've seen how good a shirt can look, maybe you will make more of them!
Jstarr4250 said... (9/11/13 5:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt! The pride shines through in your review. The next one will be that much easier :))
GoodbyeValntino said... (9/11/13 4:06 PM) Reply
Your fit is PERFECT! Great job!
ArtAttack said... (9/11/13 2:56 PM) Reply
Pretty blouse! Great fit!
TJSEWS said... (9/11/13 1:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful, professional-looking shirt! And thank you for the link about collar points.
slmstyle said... (9/11/13 11:40 AM) Reply
Very nice shirt! It looks well made and a great fit for you.
NC Carol said... (9/11/13 9:46 AM) Reply
What a nice shirt! The fit is spot on and the pattern/fabric thing works. I'm in the same boat as far as trying new techniques. Now there's usually a better way than what I learned in Home Ec in 1972...
PattyE said... (9/11/13 9:25 AM) Reply
I love striped button-downs and this one looks great. You definitely should be proud of this!
margy.64 said... (9/11/13 7:49 AM) Reply
Very smart looking shirt and a perfect fit.
mm said... (9/11/13 7:37 AM) Reply
You should be proud. It is a very fine shirt.

by: Jstarr4250

by: ElizabethK

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Islander Sewing Systems Jacket Express Pattern