Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 159384-1000 (From taking apart RTW)

Reviewed by:SewLibra

About SewLibrastar
CA United States
Member since: 12/2/08
Posted on:9/8/13 0:52 AM
Last Updated:9/8/13 2:22 AM
Self Drafted Pattern: 159384-1000 by SewLibra Self Drafted Pattern: 159384-1000 by SewLibra

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

liliv said... (9/12/13 4:17 AM) Reply
Great job, great fit, love them!!
Sarah Liz said... (9/11/13 2:33 AM) Reply
I must try this one day - pity you snipped a hole in them, but this just means you must make another pair :)
SewLibra said... (9/9/13 8:42 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your nice comments and I anticipate the next pair to be faster and easier, especially because I won't be stopping to write notes and take pics! Sewingcanary, thank you for the tips. I have some black linen/rayon blend in my stash and I appreciate the reminder that linen does get better after a couple of washings.
sewingcanary said... (9/8/13 1:14 PM) Reply
KUDOS and congrats! Great job! On that hole you cut, try using some fray stop. Itís great. Linen will get softer and less wrinkly with time so you may find you like these more later than you do now. If you use a stretch fabric youíll likely end up taking them in. Someone told me cutting ľĒ off - or taking in - will help or vise versa. I havenít tried it yet though. Iíve promised myself not to buy stretch fabric until I master my new pattern and use up the fabric I have. Iím so impressed with the results people are having with making their own patterns, especially pants. Again, KUDOS. I canít find the link for the first part, but itís on this website. This site is run by a woman who does professional work. Itís mainly geared to tailored garments but her tutorials are fabulous. Check out her collar process. http://www.fashion-incubator.com/archive/tutorial-finishing-the-welt-pocket/
ArtAttack said... (9/8/13 11:25 AM) Reply
Wow! What an accomplishment! Your welt tutorial is great and I must remember it when I tackle that soon. VH review and super muslin for your perfect fitting pants!
RadarRadiance said... (9/8/13 10:58 AM) Reply
Worth all your effort, I have yet to do this! Great job and they look very nice on you!
cleverkitty said... (9/8/13 9:51 AM) Reply
WOW I always have been tempted to take apart RTW and try this but I look at what little RTW I have and I can't do it yet. Your pants look great, the fit is perfection and that welt pocket is way too good for your first. I feel your pain on the mishap with the scissors, thanks for sharing these pants ;)

Understanding Wool Fabrics