Pattern Reviews> Lekala Patterns> 5137 (Bias Dress)

Reviewed by:AnneM

About AnneMstarstar
Member since: 7/30/02
Posted on:9/11/13 4:18 PM
Last Updated:9/12/13 1:13 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
Jennifer shaw said... (2/17/14 3:12 AM) Reply
This is so pretty, Anne! I love the green color on you! This turned out so wonderfully Anne! The green is so pretty on you
Karla Kizer said... (9/12/13 2:17 PM) Reply
I looked at the drafting page for this pattern, and yes, there are cutouts. However, your dress reminded me to check the armhole depth on some of the Lekal patterns I have printed out; they are (like some Loes Hinse patterns) a bit snug, and 1/4" more room wouldn't hurt. Your bias dress looks like a really good fit (considering the above-bust length is a bit short) - and we all know how amazing that is on the first try for any pattern. http://leko-mail.net/k/5137.jpg
AnneM said... (9/12/13 12:53 PM) Reply
Well, I'll be, Dale. I think you are right! I just thought it was funny artwork. I will have to edit my review!!!
annakeeton said... (9/12/13 5:53 AM) Reply
Great job with this muslin! Silk charmeuse is tricky enough on its own, but to tackle it on the bias is always impressive. It looks as though your muslin would be very wearable under a jacket or cardigan to cover the darts, or make a super nightgown.
Dale C said... (9/12/13 4:23 AM) Reply
$3.50 for the fabric?! Wow! I wonder if that company is still on ebay? The drape is lovely. I looked at the pattern, and it looks different from your dress. It looks like there are cutouts at the top of the shoulders... could that have caused the small armscye and short bust dart issues?

SewBaby The Twirly Dress Pattern