Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5873 (Misses' Dress and Sash)

Reviewed by:GoodbyeValntino

Sweater knit fabrics

Sew Good said... (11/8/13 11:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!!
dmitch1966 said... (9/24/13 7:20 PM) Reply
Wow, this dress looks fantastic on you. Fit is spot on, fabric is gorgeous and now I want one too!! Congrats on your 100th review, it's sewists like you who really keep this site current with the many, many pattern options we have available to us. Thank you so much for your efforts. :-)
chenille said... (9/14/13 8:35 AM) Reply
Wow, another stunner! Congrats on the 100 reviews - very much appreciated.
threaddy said... (9/13/13 11:49 PM) Reply
Stunning, as usual!
Diane333 said... (9/13/13 7:07 AM) Reply
The pattern and fabric are perfect for this dress. Did you raise the neckline? The pattern shows a plunging neckline.
Danvillegirl said... (9/13/13 7:03 AM) Reply
Another well fitting and great looking dress!
lamstu said... (9/13/13 4:33 AM) Reply
I love this pattern too, for the same reasons as you stated. I hope that I will make it soon, and when I do I'll definitely reread your helpful review. Looks awesome on you too!
margy.64 said... (9/12/13 10:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. Very similar to McCalls 6163, which is now OOP. Nice to know there is an alternative pattern available.
Nenewhis said... (9/12/13 7:38 PM) Reply
Nice pattern review. It's very flattering and your fabric choice is spot on. I am sure you will get a lot of wear out of this dress!
beanchor said... (9/12/13 3:52 PM) Reply
I would have missed this one. Your dress is lovely. I have to grab this one. I like the one piece bodice too.
slmstyle said... (9/12/13 12:23 PM) Reply
Great dress! Looks amazing on you (as usual) and the fabric from Mood is perfect for this style. Also, congrats on PR #100! Keep on sewing!
Barbara V said... (9/12/13 11:05 AM) Reply
Your dress is so pretty! Thanks for the tip on underlining the bodice. This one is in my pattern stash and I'm encouraged here to choose it soon!
ArtAttack said... (9/12/13 10:28 AM) Reply
This is adorable on you! Love the fabric. I see another PR'er pegged this as M6163. I have it and it's one of my favorites. Thanks for the reminder!
SewWil said... (9/12/13 10:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Love your fabric choice. Looks like I'm adding another fake wrap dress pattern to my stash.
Dynamo said... (9/12/13 10:03 AM) Reply
This pattern looks almost identical to McCall's 6163, which has quite a few reviews, and I already own. Yippy. I have noticed this before with "See & Sew" ... often they are missing one or two options, in this case long sleeves. Anyway, your version is lovely. I just love the fabric, and as always, great fit and sewing skill!
Dellia45 said... (9/12/13 10:02 AM) Reply
The colors are so vivid. This is a beautiful dress and it looks fantastic on you.
HRigg said... (9/12/13 9:43 AM) Reply
Great dress. I rather like the raglan sleeves. Lovely photos on your blog.
prostheticsgirl said... (9/12/13 9:36 AM) Reply
Looks wonderful on you! The fit is superb and I love your neckline finish. You and Julie both look stunning! I think there is something so special about wearing a custom creation
Jstarr4250 said... (9/12/13 9:15 AM) Reply
This is my favorite of your knit dresses. Love the raglan sleeves and especially your neckline finishing method. Now I'm off to the Mood website before this beach camo fabric runs out!
grays08 said... (9/12/13 9:04 AM) Reply
I think this is just fantastic and wonderful with your fabric choice!
Christine Kille said... (9/12/13 9:03 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your 100th review! The big 3 pattern companies need to send you a commission check, without fail I end up buying the patterns after reading your reviews and seeing your wonderful interpretations. This pattern wasn't even on my radar!
Adaire said... (9/12/13 8:56 AM) Reply
Just lovely on you! Love the fabric! Headed out to buy the pattern. I will have to use the longer sleeves because of my age but am pleased that they are an option. Thanks for the lining tips. Do you think this would still be pretty if I lengthen it just a couple of inches? (Old knees, you know. Sigh.)
KBT Sewer said... (9/12/13 8:27 AM) Reply
Love your dress. I recently bought this pattern so was pleased to read your review

by: sylvie3535