Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2700 (Misses )

Reviewed by:MrsCharisma

About MrsCharismastarstarstarstar
MN United States
Member since: 2/1/13
Posted on:10/19/13 5:37 PM
Last Updated:11/5/13 1:52 PM
Simplicity: 2700 by MrsCharisma Simplicity: 2700 by MrsCharisma
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Other Projects by MrsCharisma using this Pattern

MinaLMcGrady said... (11/7/13 11:50 PM) Reply
Always wanted to see these made on a real person... Nice job..
MrsCharisma said... (11/6/13 2:29 PM) Reply
Ouch NEMDF! Wear them proudly! :)
NEMDF said... (11/5/13 1:55 PM) Reply
I am working on my second pair of slacks from this pattern. I, too, cut a hole, while trimming seam allowances. It is pretty parallel and close to the side seam by the pocket, so i just sewed it up and hope for the best. Nice job.
canei said... (10/21/13 8:12 AM) Reply
MrsCharisma said... (10/20/13 2:26 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I almost pushed my daughter's top off to cut another pair! :) I have several cuts of trouser fabric prewashed, ready to cut. More pants will be on the way!
TJSEWS said... (10/20/13 2:07 PM) Reply
Despite all of the challenges you encountered, you persevered and now you have a great fitting pair of pants. I am sure your next pair will go smoothly. Kudos to you!
Brine said... (10/20/13 1:59 PM) Reply
I, too have managed to snip unwanted holes in garments I was sewing. My mantra now is: look before you snip! More important though is that you have accomplished a great fit. Congratulations!
marec said... (10/20/13 11:09 AM) Reply
These are great looking pants, and your perseverance paid off. So what about the hole?!! No one will see it and you have some nice pants now.
KensingtonCrab said... (10/20/13 8:03 AM) Reply
Yes, your pants are a great fit! I admire your tenacity to finish them despite the hurdles!
SewLibra said... (10/20/13 0:43 AM) Reply
Oh no, a hole! I cut a hole in the last pair of pants I made, too. I did it with scissor tips while cutting off serger threads. Then the last time I tapered pants for my mom, I had part of the seam doubled up underneath and serged on top of it. Seriously??? But at the end of the day (a long day), your pants are fitting well and next time will be a piece of cake.
Baja Susana said... (10/19/13 11:46 PM) Reply
MRS Charisma, five stars for perseverance! You on your way to great fitting pants. I enjoyed reading your review.
Adaire said... (10/19/13 7:40 PM) Reply
I nearly cried too when I got to the part about the hole! Most of us have had a similar experience at least once and sometimes more! I agree with that you have the fit worked out, you can move on to make more pairs with far less work. Carry on!
margy.64 said... (10/19/13 6:37 PM) Reply
You have achieved a great fit with these pants. Sorry to hear about the hole, but I'm sure you will go on to make many more pairs now that you have the fit all worked out.

by: QuiltSewSe...