Pattern Reviews> Spadea> 2182  (Chanel Jacket)

Review submitted in 2013 Lined Jacket Contest Contest

Last Updated:2/4/14 8:33 PM

Spadea: 2182  by JetSetSewing  Spadea: 2182  by JetSetSewing
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

redside said... (2/6/14 10:34 AM) Reply
Wow--what a beautiful result.
CissieW said... (2/6/14 7:46 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. I love everything about it -- your trim, the mandarin collar, the lining fabric! Makes me itch to make another one.
Sharonspils said... (2/5/14 11:05 PM) Reply
Stunning jacket and the lining is perfect!
Biblioto said... (2/5/14 7:26 PM) Reply
Bravo! Beautiful! Thank you for your post. I'm about to embark on my first chanel-type jacket and had been debating about whether or not to line w/ organza. The Pinterest board is super helpful too. Thank you!
caroljeancarmichael said... (2/5/14 6:44 PM) Reply
Hail Julie, Couture Sewer!
carolynw said... (2/5/14 12:16 PM) Reply
Truly outstanding and great review. Thanks for sharing
Margaret said... (11/8/13 10:16 AM) Reply
Lovely work and wonderful jacket!
sewing53 said... (11/6/13 8:01 PM) Reply
wow, truly amazing!
manola6176 said... (11/5/13 12:26 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket. Good luck for the contest. I am going to check your pinterest board. Thaks for it.
AndreaSews said... (11/5/13 9:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Good luck in the contest.
cleverkitty said... (11/5/13 7:50 AM) Reply
Beautiful sewing you do tvjulie and inspiring post, your jacket is outstanding, love the pockets on this version :)
petro said... (11/4/13 8:41 AM) Reply
Very pretty jacket.
JetSetSewing said... (11/4/13 6:16 AM) Reply
Hi Meg, thanks for your comments! I'm going to message you because I'm doing some research on Spadea for a possible project. I've found them on eBay and vintage pattern sites, but they are rare and pricey! I'm just starting a blog at jetsetsewing.com and will be talking more about Spadea in upcoming posts. Julie
Meg McKinney said... (11/4/13 0:18 AM) Reply
PS: Please see my longer Comments. Where did you find the Spadea pattern? eBay? collectors? I'm astounded that anyone has one of them, anywhere, much less the Chanel jacket pattern!
Meg McKinney said... (11/4/13 0:08 AM) Reply
Wow -- what a fabulous jacket! And, the name "Spadea" jumped out at me. I haven't seen or heard that name in decades. I grew up about 2 miles from Milford, NJ, where Spadea had their testing and sewing division --- in a renovated, old historic mill located along the Delaware River --- and a number of my mother's friends who sewed very, very well, worked there, sewing and testing patterns. I always knew that Spadea was for advanced sewing people, because of the way the patterns and instructions were, but the results of Spadea patterns were just wonderful --- even as a middle schooler and jr. high school student, I admired the clothes. Anyway, I'm glad to see someone still sews from Spadea (which got sold to ???), and that you made an honest-to-goodness Chanel jacket! Wow ... that's on my bucket list of sewing. Meg McKinney
MrsCharisma said... (11/3/13 3:44 PM) Reply
This is amazing!
JetSetSewing said... (11/1/13 11:57 AM) Reply
Yes, I was definitely sewing on hooks and eyes during the big game! It helped with all that nervous energy. I think anyone could make a Chanel with the right guidance and perseverance. Claire Schaeffer has a new book/DVD that's very thorough, and I heard that Susan Khalje is coming out with a pattern/DVD. I learned the haute couture techniques taking Susan's "Haute Couture Dress" course on Craftsy.com. It completely transformed my sewing! I have a Pinterest page called "make your own Chanel jacket" with links to a number of resources.
marec said... (11/1/13 11:33 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket and an inspiration to me...should I try one?
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (11/1/13 11:08 AM) Reply
WOW gorgeous workmanship, a truly lovely jacket!
grays08 said... (11/1/13 10:12 AM) Reply
Red Sox win....just thinking of you watching the series while doing all that hand sewing! Beautiful, outstanding work on this - it's breathtaking! Love that lining too...just exemplary jacket!
VivianZ said... (11/1/13 8:15 AM) Reply
Wow! Tres fantastic!!
Jstarr4250 said... (11/1/13 7:34 AM) Reply
Exquisite in every way. How lucky you are to own this pattern. "Elfin male French dressmaker" made me laugh!
madbadger said... (10/31/13 9:09 PM) Reply
Incredible work! 100 hours and worth every minute!
JetSetSewing said... (10/31/13 8:36 PM) Reply
Dorcas, thanks for running the contest! You got us through.
ArtAttack said... (10/31/13 7:16 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket inside and out! Beautiful work. Good luck in the contest and thanks for participating.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS