Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5759 (Misses Lined Jacket)

Review submitted in 2013 Lined Jacket Contest Contest
Reviewed by:PattyE

About PattyEstarstarstar
Member since: 9/7/10
Posted on:10/28/13 5:36 PM
Last Updated:10/28/13 5:43 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
ceejayem said... (3/22/14 8:29 AM) Reply
Love your version and thankyou for all the wonderful details within your review, particularly regarding interfacing. The end result is fantastic... sometimes the stash knows best!
Margaret said... (11/8/13 12:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful and very original-looking jacket! Great fit and great review... nice to hear about your design decisions!
froggiegirl said... (11/7/13 7:51 PM) Reply
This look so cute on you and I love your fabric combinations.
PattyE said... (11/5/13 4:11 PM) Reply
Thank you so much, ladies! I appreciate the awesome comments.
ggf2005 said... (11/5/13 2:44 PM) Reply
Awesome!
petro said... (11/4/13 8:55 AM) Reply
Super jacket!
liliv said... (11/2/13 8:27 AM) Reply
Oh my God this is gorgeous! I hadn't seen this type of buttonholes and I love them!
marec said... (11/1/13 11:09 AM) Reply
Patty, I love your choice of fabrics, and the many fine details you used to make this jacket a work of art. Truly lovely, and you look marvelous in it. This was fun, wasn't it?
JetSetSewing said... (11/1/13 9:39 AM) Reply
Lovely job on this! Love the contrasting fabric and perfect fit.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (10/30/13 12:28 PM) Reply
Beautifully handcrafted, your jacket is so lovely. Great buttons/inseam button holes and beautiful fabric. Thanks for all the construction tips.
CraftAddict said... (10/29/13 10:08 PM) Reply
LOVE!
mnitts said... (10/29/13 5:35 PM) Reply
Wow absolutely beautiful work!
PattyE said... (10/29/13 4:15 PM) Reply
My goodness, thank you all for such lovely comments. What a wonderful supportive group we have! Jstarr - I have found treasures in there that even surprise me!! That's bad, isn't it?! LOL BarbaraV - Yes, isn't it sad when we lose the independent shops. And it was a gooood one too! grays - you are always so kind...thank you. STARG - Yes, make it up...I think you will like it!
Sue Parrott said... (10/29/13 2:54 PM) Reply
Adorable! Great jacket!
SewLibra said... (10/29/13 2:13 PM) Reply
All your work on this jacket really paid off. Beautiful, professional, and the fit is perfect!
JOshiro said... (10/29/13 10:47 AM) Reply
Love this! The collar is awesome, and the finishing details are top notch. Beautifully done.
STARG said... (10/29/13 10:00 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! Time to pull this pattern out of the stash and sew it up! Love the contrasting sleeves and collar.
grays08 said... (10/29/13 9:57 AM) Reply
I honestly don't think you can achieve a better fit or finish on this, done to perfection! Absolutely fabulous, and you have completely sold me on this pattern. I very much appreciate all of the details and hardwork you put into this and am inspired by your work. Wonderful tip as well on the needle, I wish I had done that when backstitching my collar by hand as I kept catching threads. Beautiful fabric combo as well...just fantastic!
Quickie said... (10/29/13 3:15 AM) Reply
Good style on you
cmcarr said... (10/29/13 2:25 AM) Reply
Another winner. This is beautiful.
SewWil said... (10/28/13 10:27 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! I love everything about it. GREAT JOB!!!
cleverkitty said... (10/28/13 9:41 PM) Reply
Exceptional sewing on this beautiful jacket, love the colors, buttons even your lining is over and beyond, excellent review with lots of pics :)
estikoen said... (10/28/13 7:40 PM) Reply
beautiful jacket and it looks amazing on you! thanks for all the great sewing tips !
slmstyle said... (10/28/13 7:36 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket! Nice job!
Barbara V said... (10/28/13 7:33 PM) Reply
This looks fantastic on you. I love those inseam buttonholes! Too sad about the independent fabric shop closing, but glad you could enjoy the two fabrics now from that source.
madbadger said... (10/28/13 6:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!! I really like the idea of top stitching the lining seams - will have to give that a try next time I make a jacket!
ArtAttack said... (10/28/13 6:06 PM) Reply
Oh, Patty, this is GORGEOUS! I've never seen an inseam buttonhole either and it gives it a very couture look. Fabulous colors on you. Great entry and thank you so much participating in the contest!
Jstarr4250 said... (10/28/13 5:50 PM) Reply
Well you certainly haven't lost your touch for gorgeous jackets. This is truly exceptional in every way from the color palette to the gorgeous fabrics (in your stash?!) and wonderful construction techniques. And I absolutely love your frustration factor rating system!

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

You Sew Girl Laptop Bag Pattern