|I was looking for a pattern for a Wizard of Oz flying monkey when I found this pattern. I figured I could take the brown monkey, make it in gray, modify the vest a bit and add some wings. |
I'll admit that this was my first sewing project, so it took me about 3 weeks, off and on, to complete. All in all, it was pretty straightforward.
I made all of the pieces except for the foot covers, and chose to make the size 1 for my 17 month old son.
I read reviews (after I'd already cut everything) that said that the hood was notoriously small. Since the hood came in Small, Medium and Large, I'd already cut the medium. My son's head is in the 97th percentile, so I was worried the hood wouldn't fit. As I got into putting it together, I was convinced it wouldn't fit. However, once it was all said and done, the medium fit him nicely.
The sleeve cuffs were a little tight, so if I had to do it over again, I'd have made those a bit bigger. The rest of the costume fit very nicely once complete.