Pattern Reviews> Green Pepper> 504 (fleece socks)

Review submitted in 2012 Fabric Stash Contest Contest

Last Updated:1/14/12 2:44 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
peep1031 said... (10/26/14 11:48 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review and tips. I plan to make this pattern for Christmas presents. For those who are looking in Northern NH, I found this pattern at Ragged Mountain factory store in Bartlett,NH along with a great assortment of other Green Pepper activewear patterns.
Aroura said... (1/24/12 11:17 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh, you made socks for an entire army troop, that is SOO good of you! Amazing. :)
RatRace said... (1/14/12 3:35 PM) Reply
I recently made a lot of these. I followed the jalie youtube sock video when I started sewing these. You are right that they are worth the under $10 pattern cost. I have on a pair now made from clearance priced remnants. Forget regular socks, I wear these everyday. You're right about the sewing time. It takes me about 30 minutes to whip some up and I try to sew at least 2 at a time. Instant gratification and the zig zag is cute. I tried to serge, but the seams were to thick and not comfortable. I leave the tops unfinished. I found the pattern at Joanns
Aroura said... (1/13/12 3:32 PM) Reply
Fleece socks sounds soooo nice, I am envious. Lovely idea!
Terri A said... (1/5/12 0:09 AM) Reply
They sound great! What a nice gift.
lorrwill said... (9/19/10 4:05 PM) Reply
And 8 years later, this review is still very helpful!
Muria said... (12/10/05 7:03 PM) Reply
Great idea to write the names on the bottom! I'm thinkihg about making these for the kids, and the names on the bottom would be wonderful for sorting! Thanks!
trinity said... (12/23/03 8:18 PM) Reply
Great, I have been going to buy this pattern and was wondering about it. Have used some Green Pepper patterns before and really like them.
said... (11/6/02 5:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for the top treatment tip! I am going to make these now, and figured I had better check the reviews for hints. I'm glad I did!
said... (8/18/02 9:52 PM) Reply
I have not had any slippage without the non skid bottoms. We have hardwood floors and congoleum so are a pretty slippery crowd! I have heard of using the "Puffy Paints" to draw on the bottom. You could write a name on the bottom if you wanted to identify the owner!
said... (8/18/02 9:29 PM) Reply
I use the thinner fleece for socks to wear inside of shoes, thicker fleece for "house sox." I finish the top the same way as Janie. Also, for house sox I paint designs on the soles for the anti-skid effect.
said... (8/18/02 9:27 PM) Reply
Most boots and heavy shoes are made to wear with "socks" that are wool or other heavy knitted materials. I have not had a problem wearing them with my tenners or boots or clogs. It is amazing how little bulk is involved with the polar fleece. You could use the 100 weight for loafers!
said... (8/18/02 9:05 PM) Reply
wow! what an enthusiastic review. One question.. since the socks are made from fleece, arent they bulky to wear under shoes and sandals?

by: cln