Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Patrones Magazine> # 228 model 44 (Gianfranco Ferre blouse)

Reviewed by:Agnes

Posted on:10/9/05 1:55 PM
Last Updated:10/10/05 0:14 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
kitkit said... (5/16/06 10:53 PM) Reply
the information is very useful
AliceB said... (10/10/05 7:07 PM) Reply
This is a stunning project!!
Modiste Madness said... (10/10/05 7:05 PM) Reply
What a wonderful stylish blouse. I love all the design details and you executed each one so well.
Agnes said... (10/10/05 10:37 AM) Reply
Gosh, I don't really know what to say......I guess I've never been very good with compliments. I put the eyelets in with the Dritz eyelet plier, I couldn't imagine trying to hammer them all in. I love the pliers (I bought them especially for this project), you can work very quickly and precise with them. I know I'm going to have a lot more fun with them. With a goth for a daughter eyelets, etc. are in high demand!
drsue said... (10/10/05 9:36 AM) Reply
That is the most awesome blouse I've ever seen!
pharmercoon said... (10/10/05 9:08 AM) Reply
That is THE coolest blouse-love it! Great job! Kay
AnneM said... (10/10/05 7:08 AM) Reply
With a blouse like that, if your only mistake was having the buttons show you did very well. Great job.
lilhoney57 said... (10/10/05 6:02 AM) Reply
Picture me standing on my computer chair applauding! Tell me please-how did you put in eyelets??
Danvillegirl said... (10/10/05 5:38 AM) Reply
Lovely and exceptional blouse. You deserve numerouse kudos for accomplishing this project.
Asa Hagstrom said... (10/10/05 5:26 AM) Reply
What an unusual and interesting blouse, and a very pretty fabric! I agree with the others that you should upgrade your sewing skills.
SewVeryTall said... (10/10/05 5:08 AM) Reply
This is so impressive...I love it! Great review too.
Sew4Fun said... (10/10/05 5:08 AM) Reply
Fantastic designer blouse Ågnes. Even more so knowing you did it with no instructions.
tigger said... (10/10/05 2:47 AM) Reply
Love the shirt - and the review is great, thanks! I have my first issue of Patrones but haven't tried a pattern from it yet - I hope it turns out as well as yours when I do!
mudcat said... (10/10/05 1:09 AM) Reply
Thanks, for adding the fabric swatch, Agnes. That is really cool fabric.
Marita Kinnula said... (10/10/05 0:32 AM) Reply
OK, they are still available on this site:http://www.marlofashionmagazines. There was this particular issue and also the next one #229 which was even better, you might want to try there.
Marita Kinnula said... (10/10/05 0:21 AM) Reply
Agnes, very well done, this was one of my DD's favorites in this particular mag, I'm still loooking for that perfect fabric for it.
jemgirlca said... (10/10/05 0:17 AM) Reply
Wow, this top is amazing! I love it. It looks like an expensive designer item!
Maychi said... (10/10/05 0:10 AM) Reply
Stunning! Absolutely fabulous!
Gigi Louis said... (10/9/05 9:41 PM) Reply
I am speechless! It's so stunning! Boy, would I ever like to get my hands on this copy of Patrones....
Eli said... (10/9/05 9:09 PM) Reply
I am floored! Gorgeous! And sometihng else - time for reality check... You are not a beginner any more!
Ann Smith said... (10/9/05 7:34 PM) Reply
Incredible, designer looking blouse. How can you be a beginner?
sewkal said... (10/9/05 6:14 PM) Reply
Just stunning, Agnes...well done!
GorgeousFabrics said... (10/9/05 6:05 PM) Reply
That blouse is simply stunning! Great job, beautiful result and excellent reveiw. I have to get my hands on Patrones! -Ann
sewlily said... (10/9/05 6:02 PM) Reply
This is beautiful. Very couture. I bet you get a ton of compliments - on the style of the shirt itself and on your sewing skills.
QuickFade said... (10/9/05 5:56 PM) Reply
I thought it was crinkly rayon too and loved the look. I like the crinkled look better than the ironed look. If I had any intention of going to that much work (or actually if I had the time), I think I would use a fabric to give me that look. Lovely shirt!
els said... (10/9/05 5:33 PM) Reply
What a great looking blouse.
Agnes said... (10/9/05 4:59 PM) Reply
Kiro, I'm afraid I can't help you with a canadian seller of the magazine. But if you do a search on the message board you might come up with something. I know it has been topic of discussion before. I will make a close up of the fabric tomorrow (it's midnight here and this girl needs her beauty sleep). I know it looks a bit crinkly in the picture, but that's because I worked on it some more after ironing. I was to lazy to iron it again today. Thanks for the compliments!
mudcat said... (10/9/05 4:45 PM) Reply
Your blouse is very nice. I would love to see a close-up of your fabric. I thought it was a crinkly rayon in the picture and surprised to find it had wool in it.
twistedangel said... (10/9/05 4:37 PM) Reply
beautiful! congratulations!
PhyllisC said... (10/9/05 4:26 PM) Reply
WOW - I literally gasped when I saw your blouse. FAN-tastic!
bunz said... (10/9/05 3:07 PM) Reply
What a kewl blouse!! Wow - thanks for the review.
Mary Stiefer said... (10/9/05 2:42 PM) Reply
I think this would look great using it as a jacket over a flimsy little camisole. What a nice piece.
Karla Kizer said... (10/9/05 2:27 PM) Reply
Oh, Agnes....A for finished project, and extra points for bravery. As much as I love Patrones, I tend to skip the designs that really require instructions. I am SO impressed. The shirt is a knockout. Congratulations (she said enviously.)
touran said... (10/9/05 2:16 PM) Reply
Outstanding. That is such a different blouse and kudos for working out the instructions all by yourself.
Kiro said... (10/9/05 1:59 PM) Reply
Agnes: I absolutely love the blouse. You did a wonderful job. Do you know if there is any way to obtain this magazine in Canada? Are most of the patterns this unique?

Pin-up Girls 1230

by: InnerMuse

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

No Pattern Used No Pattern Used