Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1305 (Capri Jacket)

Reviewed by:JudyP

About JudyPstarstar
NY USA
Member since: 7/15/05
Posted on:10/12/05 8:20 AM
Last Updated:11/13/09 11:47 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
o3b said... (11/13/09 8:45 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip on the shoulder pads. I agree - they don't look nice on the inside and this is a great way to hide them.
RLL said... (11/13/09 3:56 PM) Reply
If the red sweater jacket pictured above is the latest version, it is really nice. The color is great and the fabric looks comfortable.
Susan Dryer said... (10/12/05 6:26 PM) Reply
I made up the Capria jacket a year ago, and I loved the way it turned out. I made essentially the same alterations you made. Alas, I did not post a review. I ended up making a sweater/t-shirt out of the same knit to make a "twin set" out of it; I wear it all the time. This is a great pattern. BTW I used the LH shoulder pads which give the fit that certain extra that gives a perfect fit.
Kath said... (10/12/05 11:32 AM) Reply
My ASG group has picked this jacket for all of us to sew in different fabrics. Id ;ove to see a picture of it done in a swweater knit. I have seen a semi sheer black woven and a plaid boucle type mixed fabric made up as a Capri ar Textile Studios. I haven't decided which of my stash will be used.
dbsewer said... (10/12/05 10:45 AM) Reply
This is a great pattern and you were wise to widen the sleeve and do that full bust adjustment. Apparently women from Carmel have thin arms and no bust. If you post a picture I'd love to see the results.

No Pattern Used 001