Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4356 (Jackets)

Reviewed by:Lori V

About Lori Vstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/20/02
Posted on:11/21/05 6:52 AM
Last Updated:10/24/05 11:46 AM

RachelStonebreaker said... (12/3/09 1:16 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip on the collar. I agree with you. I'll do mine the way you suggested.
Athene said... (9/10/07 1:14 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I am hunting for a pattern to make my daughter a faux shearling jacket and this one looks really nice.
frame said... (5/19/07 1:55 PM) Reply
This is a great jacket. You did a wonderful job.
KathleenS said... (4/8/06 5:32 AM) Reply
Very nice!
AnneM said... (12/2/05 8:13 AM) Reply
Cute jacket, and I agree that it looks nicer than the pattern picture version. What a great look. (And Leslie - thanks for the tip)
Elemenopeo said... (10/26/05 1:41 PM) Reply
Tres chic'
jlg said... (10/26/05 5:15 AM) Reply
Great jacket. It makes me want to try that kind of fabric.
MaryBeth said... (10/25/05 12:09 PM) Reply
Niiiiiice, I like yours better than the pix
Harriet Rogers said... (10/25/05 9:57 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket: great job: super cool!!
Lori V said... (10/25/05 6:07 AM) Reply
Thank you all for the nice compliments, I appreciate it. Leslie, thanks for the tip on the CB
ryan's mom said... (10/25/05 5:59 AM) Reply
I love your jacket! It looks so stylish, and I haven't seen anything that looks as nice in the stores. What a great job you did on it.
lilhoney57 said... (10/25/05 5:54 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! I love it!
Danvillegirl said... (10/25/05 5:50 AM) Reply
Love your jacket! Looks like a great pattern. I need to go visit JoAnn's and see if they have similar fabric here. Can't recall seeing it, really like yours.
Maychi said... (10/25/05 1:35 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric for a fabulous jacket.
PhyllisC said... (10/24/05 8:15 PM) Reply
Serendipity - the prefect pattern and fabric at just the right time to hit a trend! I really like it.
Evatgirl73 said... (10/24/05 6:59 PM) Reply
MUCH cuter than the pattern envelope!! And I'm impressed you made something without making the materials "age", LOL! ;-)
dbsewer said... (10/24/05 3:18 PM) Reply
what a cute jacket. I bought a faux shearlling coat for my sister two years ago and someone stole it :-(. She's been missing it since so maybe this is one to help her smile again. :-). thanks for the review. Simplicity really is doing some great patterns.
Leslie in Austin said... (10/24/05 2:40 PM) Reply
So so cute! Tons better than the envelope shows. I PM'd you, Lori, but I'll post this here, too: For the CB seam, you could eliminate that showing seam allowance altogether by cutting off your seam allowances and using a flatlock or other kind of butted seam. It works really nicely with sherpa, shearling, and faux fur. You can brush the pile and the threads disappear. For two-sided fabric like yours, using two different colors of thread (one in the needle, the other in the bobbin) helps to hide the stitches, too. But on your fabulous fabric, a nice thick coordinating thread for the suede side would look dynamite, too!
Lou. said... (10/24/05 1:51 PM) Reply
How cool is your jacket? It screams me..I have to have it!
quiltsammon said... (10/24/05 1:51 PM) Reply
Looks great!! I love that new shearling stuff!
Mbarkle said... (10/24/05 1:18 PM) Reply
Lori, that looks awesome, I just love it. I've made a couple of these for my kids and they are much easier than they look, as long as your machine can stand the thickness.
Ceri590 said... (10/24/05 1:08 PM) Reply
Love the fabric and looks better than on the pattern envelope!
Diane E said... (10/24/05 12:04 PM) Reply
Love this! Boy, Simplicity is really turning out some fun patterns these days and your jacket rocks!
Mary Stiefer said... (10/24/05 11:52 AM) Reply
This looks absolutely fabulous and so much better than the pattern envelope.