Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1213 (Madarin Shirt Jacket)

Reviewed by:SewLimited

About SewLimited
Member since: 2/29/04
Posted on:10/25/05 2:15 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket

patsijean said... (7/21/06 1:20 AM) Reply
I love the fabric. An unsual but effective choice.
SewLimited said... (10/26/05 1:41 PM) Reply
Patti B - I have adequate ease with this with being a B cup myself but would expect a C cup wouldl have to modify it. Fitting the sleeves was the main problem for me. Diane E - Your top in Slinky looks nice even using the higher collar. I forgot to mention the front placket problem in my review - I just whipstitched the top closed but it would need a better technique for a thicker fabric.
Danvillegirl said... (10/26/05 4:29 AM) Reply
Really like the way this made up. I have had this pattern for awhile and can't seem to get around to making it. Diane E like the slinky look also. Love your Goth story.
Patti B said... (10/25/05 7:13 PM) Reply
Very nice shirt! Some have commented that this pattern needs an FBA if you are a B-cup or more, did you find that to be necessary?
touran said... (10/25/05 1:32 PM) Reply
That's a very smart looking top. Thanks for the information on the sleeve shaping.
Diane E said... (10/25/05 9:02 AM) Reply
This is beautiful. I agree with your teenage patient: the buttons are lovely. Try this in slinky, I think you'll like it. To see my version, go to Slinky Mandarin Shirt Jacket . I'll definitely review your tips when I make this in a woven fabric. Thanks.
Frogstitcher said... (10/25/05 8:58 AM) Reply
Cute shirt and fabric choice. My eyes were immediately drawn to the buttons in your photo. They are a perfect shape for the fabric. Very nice. Good review.
Lori Sews said... (10/25/05 8:22 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric and buttons. The blouse looks very professional. I love the comment from the teen. :)
Mary Stiefer said... (10/25/05 8:13 AM) Reply
The shirt style is great and I love the fabric and color.
PegL said... (10/25/05 7:54 AM) Reply
Very pretty top! I like the way you positioned the fabric to get matching designs on the corners of the collar and the buttons are a great choice! Very good review too!
CarolynGM said... (10/25/05 7:14 AM) Reply
I love your shirt too. I also have a long neck, so I made need to try the pattern for the collar.
JDpenelope said... (10/25/05 6:42 AM) Reply
Great shirt! Cute story about the goth admirer.
Liana said... (10/25/05 2:51 AM) Reply
Beautiful shirt! Very interesting about the sleeve cap, and what fun to impress the Goth world.

by: PatCSM