Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 4000 (Swing Dress (as a top))

Reviewed by:Irene Q

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
CaroleM said... (4/27/07 11:28 AM) Reply
Best review yet.
Mufffet said... (11/1/06 10:22 AM) Reply
Lovely top! I like the white one too. Your fitting was excellent. As usual, great review.
Danvillegirl said... (11/13/05 6:34 AM) Reply
Very helpful review. You were bound and determined with this pattern. Glad you got the right fit. Like you, I am not a fan of selecting by finished size. Sometimes those finished sizes are not what I want in the first place.
Julie Culshaw said... (11/10/05 7:47 AM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. This is a pattern I have been wondering about, and the neckline worried me. It looks rather wide on the pattern cover, but it doesn't look like that on you. Very nice fit, I am going to have to try this pattern now myself. Thanks, Julie
PixieCat said... (11/10/05 5:03 AM) Reply
I love it! Your final version looks so flattering and the color is lovely.
Eli said... (11/9/05 11:58 PM) Reply
This is a Very good fit on you and the color is sooo gorgeous on you!
whit said... (11/9/05 11:05 PM) Reply
Irene, would that I had the patience with woodworking that you do with pattern fitting. And the ability to determine what needs to be changed to make it happen. Nice job!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (11/9/05 9:54 PM) Reply
Go figure about the dress length - yours v. the pattern photo (short model?) -- but you do have nice legs! :) Good review!
Liane M said... (11/9/05 8:31 PM) Reply
Very nice tops. All three look great on you. Thanks for the very detailed review.
bunz said... (11/9/05 8:17 PM) Reply
Great color, and you've really got the fitting thing down! I'm envious :-)
PVA said... (11/9/05 7:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for this very informative review! I love seeing all the "iterations" of the pattern & the definite improvements as you progressed. I agree that they're all wearable, & the last version is just great!
Liana said... (11/9/05 7:04 PM) Reply
Great review! Your final version looks great, and the first two are very wearable, and as you say, probably better than most RTW anyway. We only expect perfection, that's all....Great job!
Lorna C. Newman said... (11/9/05 6:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review!! I picked this up from Peggy in Toronto and have some stash fabric in mind for it. The sizing info is much appreciated! I will have to think hard about what size to cut first ... I liked her knit top, so I hope this dress turns out as well. I have to try this one soon ... I have some black slinky that would be just right for this for a dance coming up with the hubby!
Gigi Louis said... (11/9/05 6:08 PM) Reply
Irene, this is a fabulously flattering top for you! All your trial-and-error was worth it.
sherri2sew said... (11/9/05 5:55 PM) Reply
Your persistence is admirable. And you did get a good result. Also, that blue is a great color for you.
slanden99 said... (11/9/05 4:20 PM) Reply
Looks like the dress could use another 6 inches at the bottom. The shirt was a good idea. They look great. Once you solve the size issue it will be even better.

by: evilincarK...