Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2885 (Vintage Suit C1944)

Viewed 2023 times

Last Updated:11/20/05 3:03 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts
CapitalSewandSew said... (8/18/09 5:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great info! I am using this pattern for a sewing course I am taking in NYC next week so I need to get started on my muslin and you have given me the inspiration! Thanks again!
Marji said... (8/20/07 10:29 AM) Reply
this is a beautiful suit! (It just came up on the sidebar). love the detail, the shaping, and your workmanship is beautiful.
said... (10/1/06 1:23 AM) Reply
wow! I just got this, and thanks for the review. You just saved me a lot of heartache here.
Hilary said... (11/25/05 11:15 AM) Reply
How beautiful! This is so elegant and the color is perfect for you!
milwaukee_kelly said... (11/22/05 8:14 AM) Reply
oooohhh! That's gorgeous!
AnneM said... (11/21/05 8:02 PM) Reply
What great lines on this style. Congratulations on your wonderful suit. Good save on the skirt.
Georgene said... (11/21/05 6:53 PM) Reply
It looks great. I would love a close up detail shot or two if you get a chance. Wonderful work!
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (11/21/05 6:50 PM) Reply
Lady in Red!! Perfect, great review, thanks
PixieCat said... (11/21/05 3:46 PM) Reply
Your suit is absolutely beautiful and oh so very flattering!
Queendom said... (11/21/05 12:29 PM) Reply
Wow! That is a fabulous look for you. I love tailored clothes but not many people review them here. I will definitely be buying this pattern. Stay tuned, I might need your help! Sandra
McKavity said... (11/21/05 11:12 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous suit! Great colour too. I've been eyeing this pattern..
Harriet Rogers said... (11/21/05 8:14 AM) Reply
Irina: this looks beautiful on you: the color is fantastic and the fit is perfect. Very beautiful.
ryan's mom said... (11/21/05 6:29 AM) Reply
Simply gorgeous! I love your taste in patterns, which includes several Vogues, probably my favorite in the Big 4.
Danvillegirl said... (11/21/05 4:24 AM) Reply
Great looking suit. I just looked at this pattern last night in my Vogue pattern magazine and fell in love with the look. Your review is very timely. The suit looks very good on you.
Dmd4106 said... (11/21/05 1:21 AM) Reply
What a good looking suit, its looks good on you. Enjoyed your review.
AndSewOn said... (11/21/05 0:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful suit! Yum.
kellyt said... (11/20/05 11:20 PM) Reply
Your suit came out beautifully! Congrats!!
MaryBeth said... (11/20/05 10:01 PM) Reply
Perfect! I love the color, you do look wonderful in this style. ??Emergency FBA?? hehehehehe
Modiste Madness said... (11/20/05 8:35 PM) Reply
That suit is just perfect for you and your fine craftsmanship just shines.
Jennifer shaw said... (11/20/05 6:15 PM) Reply
This is such a gorgeous suit on you! Thank you for sharing all of your helpful hints about the pattern alterations, especially the full butt adjustment! Thank you for another great review!
jlg said... (11/20/05 6:15 PM) Reply
Irina, this looks fabulous on you. This is an expensive looking, elegant suit.
blue mooney said... (11/20/05 6:01 PM) Reply
Great choice of pattern, fabric, color - and beautiful results! Good job with the fitting; it really shows off your figure. Thanks for the review!
Cambric Tea said... (11/20/05 5:54 PM) Reply
Wonderful work, Irina! You look great in your awesome red suit.
Sherril Miller said... (11/20/05 5:03 PM) Reply
It doesn't look tight, it looks like a great fit. The fabric is a perfect match for this pattern. Your suit is stunning.
CarolynGM said... (11/20/05 4:56 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your positive comments. I plan to make a black skirt soon to wear with the jacket. When it's done, I'll take another picture that will hopefully show the jacket shape and details better.
Pam Z said... (11/20/05 4:53 PM) Reply
This is beautiful on you! I think you should consider making another.
drsue said... (11/20/05 4:52 PM) Reply
Well, I like the fit!! This is just wonderful on you. I'm sure you will get many compliments on this.
els said... (11/20/05 4:37 PM) Reply
Classic, style and elegance.
G_l_e_n_d_a said... (11/20/05 4:35 PM) Reply
It turned out fabulous! I love the skirt detail. Everything fits so well. You did a great job on this.
Skye said... (11/20/05 4:20 PM) Reply
That is so smart. I love the colour too
PhyllisC said... (11/20/05 4:14 PM) Reply
The color is glorious - and perfect for you! Too bad we had to lose another store to quilt fabrics - but it was your gain.
mrs quickly said... (11/20/05 3:43 PM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous! The color is great on you. Thanks for the review. I just bought this pattern yesterday at Joanne's for $3.99.
Lori V said... (11/20/05 3:31 PM) Reply
Very, very pretty.
sew2little said... (11/20/05 3:29 PM) Reply
Gorgeous suit--and you look beautiful in it. And your daughter can't say that this doesn't fit right!
Lori Sews said... (11/20/05 3:29 PM) Reply
Absolutely stunning!!
GorgeousFabrics said... (11/20/05 3:27 PM) Reply
What a beautiful suit! I love the details on it. -Ann
sewlily said... (11/20/05 3:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful, both in color and in style. Great choice and execution.
Mlle Laura said... (11/20/05 3:22 PM) Reply
Very stylish.
Peggy L said... (11/20/05 3:19 PM) Reply
Irina - this is stunning! What a beautiful color on you and I love the lines in the suit. Wish I could see them better. Sounds like you enjoyed making this. Great review.
fesnina said... (11/20/05 3:15 PM) Reply
Very Clasy Irina!!! You obviously had a lot of fun sewing it, and it looks perfect on you - love your Full Butt Adjustment!
KarmenG said... (11/20/05 3:12 PM) Reply
Irina - What a stunning suit! You fit it well - love the style and color on you.

HotPatterns 1049